De'Ondre Wesley shares picture of potential BYU football 2014 alternate uniforms
The loyal, strong and true will potentially be wearing white and blue and black this season.
BYU offensive lineman De'Ondre Wesley sent out this picture via Instagram on Monday of a promotional poster that appears to indicate that the Cougars will wear three different alternate uniforms during their home schedule in 2014:
According to the image, the Cougars' first alternate uniform day will on Sept. 20, when BYU will wear all white for the Cougars' game against Virginia.
Up next is an all-royal blue uniform for BYU's home game against Utah State on Oct. 3, followed by an all-black uniform in the Cougars' home matchup with UNLV on Nov. 15.
Alternate uniforms have become more commonplace for BYU in recent years. The past two seasons, the Cougars wore all-royal blue in their contests against Utah. In 2012, BYU had a blackout in its all-black uniforms for its homecoming game against Oregon State in October.
Prior to that, the Cougars wore royal jerseys with white pants for their games against Utah and Oregon State (in the Las Vegas Bowl) in 2009. BYU had also worn all-white uniforms at various times.
At least there's no "Tradition, Spirit, Honor" jerseys this season.
At any rate, BYU's alternate uniforms should make the home games more interesting in 2014.
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- BYU football notebook: Team captains named,...
- Nebraska hoping for balanced offense attack...
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs this...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Take expletives, not religion, out of football
- Amy Donaldson: Football has helped Ute...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 93
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 21
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 18
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4... 16