De'Ondre Wesley shares picture of potential BYU football 2014 alternate uniforms
The loyal, strong and true will potentially be wearing white and blue and black this season.
BYU offensive lineman De'Ondre Wesley sent out this picture via Instagram on Monday of a promotional poster that appears to indicate that the Cougars will wear three different alternate uniforms during their home schedule in 2014:
According to the image, the Cougars' first alternate uniform day will on Sept. 20, when BYU will wear all white for the Cougars' game against Virginia.
Up next is an all-royal blue uniform for BYU's home game against Utah State on Oct. 3, followed by an all-black uniform in the Cougars' home matchup with UNLV on Nov. 15.
Alternate uniforms have become more commonplace for BYU in recent years. The past two seasons, the Cougars wore all-royal blue in their contests against Utah. In 2012, BYU had a blackout in its all-black uniforms for its homecoming game against Oregon State in October.
Prior to that, the Cougars wore royal jerseys with white pants for their games against Utah and Oregon State (in the Las Vegas Bowl) in 2009. BYU had also worn all-white uniforms at various times.
At least there's no "Tradition, Spirit, Honor" jerseys this season.
At any rate, BYU's alternate uniforms should make the home games more interesting in 2014.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 51
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 50
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 30
- Ute football team has boots on the... 28