S.L. father-son team wins 10th leg of 'The Amazing Race'
However, because Cutbirth and Wayne were last in the previous leg of the race in Switzerland and it was a non-elimination round, they had an extra challenge, known as a Speed Bump, to complete before getting the clue about the Detours. Their Speed Bump was to carry six Spanish hams through the streets and deliver them to Las Teresas restaurant.
Cutbirth and Wayne then decided to do “Spanish Steps” and learn the Flamenco dance.
The O’Learys were first to finish.
“I was laughing the entire time,” Connor said. “I would have done it again if I could.”
Temory and Zadran were second, despite Zadran’s knee getting injured during the Detour.
Next, clues pointed teams to go to the General Archives of the Indies, where the U-Turn board was. The U-Turn allows teams who get there first to force another team to complete both Detour challenges. Each team gets one Detour during the race, and the O’Learys used theirs on the eighth leg — right after they were U-Turned by Villegas and Reilly. The Afghanimals reached the board first.
“The strongest team in this race is the cowboys,” Zadran said as they U-Turned the McCoys. With Zadran’s knee injury, Temory and Zadran team figured they had a better chance of beating Villegas and Reilly over the McCoys. And Villegas and Reilly were pleasantly surprised when they got to the U-Turn board and didn’t see their picture there.
“No parent-child team has won ‘The Amazing Race,’ ” Dave O’Leary said. “We would love to be the first.”
Villegas and Reilly were second, Temory and Zadran were third and Cutbirth and Wayne were fourth. The McCoys were last and were eliminated.
The McCoys missed the first poster during “Run with the Ballz” and had to go back and get the first part of the clue. And after being U-Turned, they had to finish the “Spanish Steps” Detour, too.
“Quite frankly, I think that everybody was outright scared of you guys,” host Phil Keoghan told them at the Pit Stop.
Dave is a prostate cancer survivor and Connor is a testicular cancer survivor, and both are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Holladay 25th Ward, Salt Lake Holladay South Stake.
“The Amazing Race” airs Sunday evenings on CBS.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 21
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 12
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 11