John Roman, Getty Images
MAGNA — A 40-year-old man was killed in a shooting here Sunday.
Just before 9 p.m., a car with at least two people drove up to a residence, 3807 S. Amoridge Lane (8180 West) and opened fire, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"A four-door, gray passenger car, possibly a Chevy Malibu, pulled up in front of the house, the passenger got out, fired multiple rounds," Hoyal said.
The victim was still outside of the house when police arrived.
The only description investigators had from witnesses of the gunman was a short, thin Hispanic man in his 30s, and the driver was a heavier set Hispanic man, Hoyal said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries a short time later. The man's name was not immediately released.
Hoyal did not immediately know if police had been called to that residence before.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-743-7000.
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative Republicans...
- Police investigating shooting death in SLC
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63
- Romney says climate change presents a... 35
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 21
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18