John Roman, Getty Images
MAGNA — A 40-year-old man was killed in a shooting here Sunday.
Just before 9 p.m., a car with at least two people drove up to a residence, 3807 S. Amoridge Lane (8180 West) and opened fire, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"A four-door, gray passenger car, possibly a Chevy Malibu, pulled up in front of the house, the passenger got out, fired multiple rounds," Hoyal said.
The victim was still outside of the house when police arrived.
The only description investigators had from witnesses of the gunman was a short, thin Hispanic man in his 30s, and the driver was a heavier set Hispanic man, Hoyal said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries a short time later. The man's name was not immediately released.
Hoyal did not immediately know if police had been called to that residence before.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-743-7000.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Police arrest 3 suspected of vandalizing LDS...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- Ex-A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff due in...
- Mormon Media scholars discuss church and...
- Photos: World record potentially set during...
- Traditional marriage supporters want... 84
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Lawmaker pledges to run bill changing... 36
- Democrats challenge Mia Love's... 36
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 31
- Federal government extends same-sex... 26
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 22
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21