John Roman, Getty Images
MAGNA — A 40-year-old man was killed in a shooting here Sunday.
Just before 9 p.m., a car with at least two people drove up to a residence, 3807 S. Amoridge Lane (8180 West) and opened fire, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"A four-door, gray passenger car, possibly a Chevy Malibu, pulled up in front of the house, the passenger got out, fired multiple rounds," Hoyal said.
The victim was still outside of the house when police arrived.
The only description investigators had from witnesses of the gunman was a short, thin Hispanic man in his 30s, and the driver was a heavier set Hispanic man, Hoyal said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries a short time later. The man's name was not immediately released.
Hoyal did not immediately know if police had been called to that residence before.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-743-7000.
- Fire forces evacuation of 185 Pine Valley homes
- Young Magna girl struggles to find her voice
- BLM investigating 18 burro deaths after roundup
- Two more charged in fatal 'robbery gone bad'
- State administrative services department boss...
- Utahns compete, succeed on 'American Ninja...
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- Photo gallery: Demonstration shows a parked...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 19