John Roman, Getty Images
MAGNA — A 40-year-old man was killed in a shooting here Sunday.
Just before 9 p.m., a car with at least two people drove up to a residence, 3807 S. Amoridge Lane (8180 West) and opened fire, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"A four-door, gray passenger car, possibly a Chevy Malibu, pulled up in front of the house, the passenger got out, fired multiple rounds," Hoyal said.
The victim was still outside of the house when police arrived.
The only description investigators had from witnesses of the gunman was a short, thin Hispanic man in his 30s, and the driver was a heavier set Hispanic man, Hoyal said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries a short time later. The man's name was not immediately released.
Hoyal did not immediately know if police had been called to that residence before.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-743-7000.
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Mother and son charged in drive-by shooting...
- A parent's worst nightmare: When a fever...
- Body cameras have played roles in 2...
- Salt Lake County lands on Top 10 list of...
- Family of slain 18-year-old pleads for...
- New poll shows more support for Sen. Mike Lee
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 89
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 51
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 44
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 40
- Granite School District reaches... 22
- New poll shows more support for Sen.... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 16