John Roman, Getty Images
MAGNA — A 40-year-old man was killed in a shooting here Sunday.
Just before 9 p.m., a car with at least two people drove up to a residence, 3807 S. Amoridge Lane (8180 West) and opened fire, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
"A four-door, gray passenger car, possibly a Chevy Malibu, pulled up in front of the house, the passenger got out, fired multiple rounds," Hoyal said.
The victim was still outside of the house when police arrived.
The only description investigators had from witnesses of the gunman was a short, thin Hispanic man in his 30s, and the driver was a heavier set Hispanic man, Hoyal said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries a short time later. The man's name was not immediately released.
Hoyal did not immediately know if police had been called to that residence before.
Anyone with information on the shooting can call police at 801-743-7000.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17