Former BYU star Kyle Van Noy won't be embarking on NFL career alone
“I’m excited to get involved with the community wherever we go, and also with the (LDS) Church,” she said. “I have been really lucky to be involved in the community in Salt Lake and I love working at children’s hospitals. I’m excited that Kyle has a lot of the same interests as I do with different organizations we can work with in community service. I plan on staying involved that way, which will keep me busy. I’m excited to get to know the other players’ families and wives and connect on that level first, then reach out to the community.”
Powell said Van Noy, who graduated from BYU in December, is adept at keeping things in perspective during hectic times.
“He’s really great at it. He just takes it day by day. Instead of getting stressed out about the future, he kind of takes his daily duties and gets it done instead of stressing out about what’s going to happen tomorrow or the day after. That’s been really big help for him. He works out at a certain time every day and he does it all according to his schedule. He is really good about taking care of business.”
As the start of his NFL career draws near, there are a few lessons Van Noy learned at BYU that he’ll carry with him.
“First would be hard work," he said. "Second would be being coachable. Third is playing physical.”
And what does Van Noy hope to accomplish in the NFL?
“Right now, my goal is just to make a team and make plays. That’s all I can do right now,” he said. “After that, I’ll be able to switch it over to more defined goals. I’m not saying I want to play until my body collapses, because I want to be able to play with my kids. But just playing a long time and being a pro on the field and off the field — that's what I hope to accomplish.”
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22