High school rugby: Herriman wins U-18 Utah Rugby Open title
SANDY — Kalisi Moli scored three times to lead Herriman to the Utah Rugby Open championship Saturday afternoon.
Herriman defeated Red Mountain (Arizona), 32-27, in the U-18 elite finals at Rio Tinto Stadium.
In the match’s opening minutes, Herriman took a 12-3 lead after a try by Moli and Brandon Jensen. Herriman enjoyed a 17-10 edge at halftime.
Moli added two more tries in the second half, at the 44:23 mark and the 53:11 mark, respectively, to seal the victory for Herriman.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28