High school rugby: Herriman wins U-18 Utah Rugby Open title
SANDY — Kalisi Moli scored three times to lead Herriman to the Utah Rugby Open championship Saturday afternoon.
Herriman defeated Red Mountain (Arizona), 32-27, in the U-18 elite finals at Rio Tinto Stadium.
In the match’s opening minutes, Herriman took a 12-3 lead after a try by Moli and Brandon Jensen. Herriman enjoyed a 17-10 edge at halftime.
Moli added two more tries in the second half, at the 44:23 mark and the 53:11 mark, respectively, to seal the victory for Herriman.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20