High school rugby: Herriman wins U-18 Utah Rugby Open title
SANDY — Kalisi Moli scored three times to lead Herriman to the Utah Rugby Open championship Saturday afternoon.
Herriman defeated Red Mountain (Arizona), 32-27, in the U-18 elite finals at Rio Tinto Stadium.
In the match’s opening minutes, Herriman took a 12-3 lead after a try by Moli and Brandon Jensen. Herriman enjoyed a 17-10 edge at halftime.
Moli added two more tries in the second half, at the 44:23 mark and the 53:11 mark, respectively, to seal the victory for Herriman.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 116
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 32
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21