High school rugby: Herriman wins U-18 Utah Rugby Open title
SANDY — Kalisi Moli scored three times to lead Herriman to the Utah Rugby Open championship Saturday afternoon.
Herriman defeated Red Mountain (Arizona), 32-27, in the U-18 elite finals at Rio Tinto Stadium.
In the match’s opening minutes, Herriman took a 12-3 lead after a try by Moli and Brandon Jensen. Herriman enjoyed a 17-10 edge at halftime.
Moli added two more tries in the second half, at the 44:23 mark and the 53:11 mark, respectively, to seal the victory for Herriman.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42