Utah Department of Public Safety
BEAVER — A tire blowout is being blamed for sparking a fire that destroyed a semitrailer Saturday morning and caused major delays on I-15 in central Utah.
The semitrailer was traveling north about 9:25 a.m. when a trailer tire blew out roughly 25 miles north of Beaver, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The tire caught fire, which quickly spread to the trailer and truck, troopers said.
The driver was able to escape uninjured, but the semitrailer, as well as the furniture it was hauling, was reduced to chared remains.
The fire and cleanup efforts forced an hourlong closure of northbound I-15. Crews then opened one lane to traffic as they finished their work. Both lanes were reopened around 4:30 p.m.
— Jordan Ormond
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 33
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15