Utah Department of Public Safety
BEAVER — A tire blowout is being blamed for sparking a fire that destroyed a semitrailer Saturday morning and caused major delays on I-15 in central Utah.
The semitrailer was traveling north about 9:25 a.m. when a trailer tire blew out roughly 25 miles north of Beaver, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The tire caught fire, which quickly spread to the trailer and truck, troopers said.
The driver was able to escape uninjured, but the semitrailer, as well as the furniture it was hauling, was reduced to chared remains.
The fire and cleanup efforts forced an hourlong closure of northbound I-15. Crews then opened one lane to traffic as they finished their work. Both lanes were reopened around 4:30 p.m.
— Jordan Ormond
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14