Utah Department of Public Safety
BEAVER — A tire blowout is being blamed for sparking a fire that destroyed a semitrailer Saturday morning and caused major delays on I-15 in central Utah.
The semitrailer was traveling north about 9:25 a.m. when a trailer tire blew out roughly 25 miles north of Beaver, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The tire caught fire, which quickly spread to the trailer and truck, troopers said.
The driver was able to escape uninjured, but the semitrailer, as well as the furniture it was hauling, was reduced to chared remains.
The fire and cleanup efforts forced an hourlong closure of northbound I-15. Crews then opened one lane to traffic as they finished their work. Both lanes were reopened around 4:30 p.m.
— Jordan Ormond
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16