Utah Department of Public Safety
BEAVER — A tire blowout is being blamed for sparking a fire that destroyed a semitrailer Saturday morning and caused major delays on I-15 in central Utah.
The semitrailer was traveling north about 9:25 a.m. when a trailer tire blew out roughly 25 miles north of Beaver, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The tire caught fire, which quickly spread to the trailer and truck, troopers said.
The driver was able to escape uninjured, but the semitrailer, as well as the furniture it was hauling, was reduced to chared remains.
The fire and cleanup efforts forced an hourlong closure of northbound I-15. Crews then opened one lane to traffic as they finished their work. Both lanes were reopened around 4:30 p.m.
— Jordan Ormond
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man critically hurt in Legacy Parkway crash...
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7