Utah Department of Public Safety
BEAVER — A tire blowout is being blamed for sparking a fire that destroyed a semitrailer Saturday morning and caused major delays on I-15 in central Utah.
The semitrailer was traveling north about 9:25 a.m. when a trailer tire blew out roughly 25 miles north of Beaver, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The tire caught fire, which quickly spread to the trailer and truck, troopers said.
The driver was able to escape uninjured, but the semitrailer, as well as the furniture it was hauling, was reduced to chared remains.
The fire and cleanup efforts forced an hourlong closure of northbound I-15. Crews then opened one lane to traffic as they finished their work. Both lanes were reopened around 4:30 p.m.
— Jordan Ormond
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 17
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9