SALT LAKE CITY — Murder charges were filed Friday against a 30-year-old man in the stabbing death of a Chicago man last month in Salt Lake City.
Harlin Argelio Ramos was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the death of Joaquin Gonzalez, 33.
On April 29, a woman said Ramos approached her and Gonzalez in their car at 515 W. 100 South. According to court documents, the woman said Gonzalez got out of the car and an altercation ensued between the two men. She attempted to intervene but was unsuccessful. Ramos then fled the scene. The woman was uninjured.
Detectives were able to locate Ramos at a local motel and took him into custody. Once Ramos was in custody, police say he admitted to using a knife to repeatedly stab Gonzalez, according to court documents.
The state medical examiner determined Gonzalez died of multiple sharp force injuries to his torso, charges state.
— Emilee Eagar
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- Women innovators leading by example
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 76
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 18
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10