SALT LAKE CITY — Murder charges were filed Friday against a 30-year-old man in the stabbing death of a Chicago man last month in Salt Lake City.
Harlin Argelio Ramos was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the death of Joaquin Gonzalez, 33.
On April 29, a woman said Ramos approached her and Gonzalez in their car at 515 W. 100 South. According to court documents, the woman said Gonzalez got out of the car and an altercation ensued between the two men. She attempted to intervene but was unsuccessful. Ramos then fled the scene. The woman was uninjured.
Detectives were able to locate Ramos at a local motel and took him into custody. Once Ramos was in custody, police say he admitted to using a knife to repeatedly stab Gonzalez, according to court documents.
The state medical examiner determined Gonzalez died of multiple sharp force injuries to his torso, charges state.
— Emilee Eagar
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9