SALT LAKE CITY — Murder charges were filed Friday against a 30-year-old man in the stabbing death of a Chicago man last month in Salt Lake City.
Harlin Argelio Ramos was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the death of Joaquin Gonzalez, 33.
On April 29, a woman said Ramos approached her and Gonzalez in their car at 515 W. 100 South. According to court documents, the woman said Gonzalez got out of the car and an altercation ensued between the two men. She attempted to intervene but was unsuccessful. Ramos then fled the scene. The woman was uninjured.
Detectives were able to locate Ramos at a local motel and took him into custody. Once Ramos was in custody, police say he admitted to using a knife to repeatedly stab Gonzalez, according to court documents.
The state medical examiner determined Gonzalez died of multiple sharp force injuries to his torso, charges state.
— Emilee Eagar
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12