SALT LAKE CITY — Murder charges were filed Friday against a 30-year-old man in the stabbing death of a Chicago man last month in Salt Lake City.
Harlin Argelio Ramos was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the death of Joaquin Gonzalez, 33.
On April 29, a woman said Ramos approached her and Gonzalez in their car at 515 W. 100 South. According to court documents, the woman said Gonzalez got out of the car and an altercation ensued between the two men. She attempted to intervene but was unsuccessful. Ramos then fled the scene. The woman was uninjured.
Detectives were able to locate Ramos at a local motel and took him into custody. Once Ramos was in custody, police say he admitted to using a knife to repeatedly stab Gonzalez, according to court documents.
The state medical examiner determined Gonzalez died of multiple sharp force injuries to his torso, charges state.
— Emilee Eagar
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7