SALT LAKE CITY — Murder charges were filed Friday against a 30-year-old man in the stabbing death of a Chicago man last month in Salt Lake City.
Harlin Argelio Ramos was charged in 3rd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the death of Joaquin Gonzalez, 33.
On April 29, a woman said Ramos approached her and Gonzalez in their car at 515 W. 100 South. According to court documents, the woman said Gonzalez got out of the car and an altercation ensued between the two men. She attempted to intervene but was unsuccessful. Ramos then fled the scene. The woman was uninjured.
Detectives were able to locate Ramos at a local motel and took him into custody. Once Ramos was in custody, police say he admitted to using a knife to repeatedly stab Gonzalez, according to court documents.
The state medical examiner determined Gonzalez died of multiple sharp force injuries to his torso, charges state.
— Emilee Eagar
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 12