Book review: Learn from women of the past and discover the 'Divinity of Women'
"Divinity of Women," written by Heather B. Moore and her father, S. Kent Brown, the current New Testament scholar consultant for lds.org, profiles women in the scriptures, aiming to inspire readers to recognize that the divinity found in these women is also inside each of them.
The stories are organized in sections such as "Visionary Women," "Prayer and Worship" and "Crossing the Line" and include the examples of women of the scriptures like Eve, Miriam (Moses' sister), Queen Esther and King Lamoni's wife. With examples of women from both the Bible and the Book of Mormon, from women who are written about in only a few verses to some whose stories are told in few pages, the reader can see that every decision she makes, whether big or small, can lead to divine results.
While some may say the figures in these stories are prophetesses, priestesses, queens, wives of prophets and daughters of kings, and most of us are none of those things, Moore and Brown emphasize that because all women are daughters of God, they are all divine.
Accompanied by beautiful artwork depicting these women in their defining moments, readers may use these examples to find the insight and inspiration they need to recognize the divinity in themselves.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- LDS general conference marks 90th, 65th...
- Defending the Faith: Thinking clearly about...
- New Jersey teen to join fight against... 62
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 13
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Watch: September 2014 General Women's... 2
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 2