PROVO — The Utah County Health Department will host a suicide prevention meeting for National Suicide Prevention Week, which is May 18-24.
The Suicide Prevention Town Hall Meeting will be 7 p.m. May 22 at the Utah County Health and Justice Building, 151 S. University Ave.
The keynote speaker will be Greg Hudnall, HOPE Task Force executive director. "Ask a Question, Save a Life" is this year's theme, and Hudnall will be providing "Question, Persuade, Refer" training.
Participants are not asked to counsel someone who is suicidal, but rather to recognize signs, ask questions, persuade the person to get help, and refer the person to a resource that can offer immediate assistance.
Representatives from the Utah County Crisis Line, Hope4Utah, National Alliance on Mental Illness Utah, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Crisis Line, American Legion, BYU Comprehensive Clinic, SMART Utah County, Intermountain Healthcare, Wasatch Mental Health and others will also be on hand starting at 6 p.m.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18