PROVO — The Utah County Health Department will host a suicide prevention meeting for National Suicide Prevention Week, which is May 18-24.
The Suicide Prevention Town Hall Meeting will be 7 p.m. May 22 at the Utah County Health and Justice Building, 151 S. University Ave.
The keynote speaker will be Greg Hudnall, HOPE Task Force executive director. "Ask a Question, Save a Life" is this year's theme, and Hudnall will be providing "Question, Persuade, Refer" training.
Participants are not asked to counsel someone who is suicidal, but rather to recognize signs, ask questions, persuade the person to get help, and refer the person to a resource that can offer immediate assistance.
Representatives from the Utah County Crisis Line, Hope4Utah, National Alliance on Mental Illness Utah, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Crisis Line, American Legion, BYU Comprehensive Clinic, SMART Utah County, Intermountain Healthcare, Wasatch Mental Health and others will also be on hand starting at 6 p.m.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22