Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News Archives
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Wildlife Board this week approved big-game hunting permits.
The board also approved 200 additional general season buck deer permits for this fall's hunts.
The number of permits by species available for 2014 are: general buck deer, 84,800; premium limited entry deer, 183; management buck deer, 49; limited entry deer, 811; doe deer, 410; general any bull elk, 14,300; general spike bull elk, 15,000; limited entry bull elk, 2,842; cow elk, 16,775; buck pronghorn, 781; doe pronghorn, 669; bull moose, 67; bison, 84; desert bighorn sheep, 40; Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, 38; and mountain goat, 108.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8