Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News Archives
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Wildlife Board this week approved big-game hunting permits.
The board also approved 200 additional general season buck deer permits for this fall's hunts.
The number of permits by species available for 2014 are: general buck deer, 84,800; premium limited entry deer, 183; management buck deer, 49; limited entry deer, 811; doe deer, 410; general any bull elk, 14,300; general spike bull elk, 15,000; limited entry bull elk, 2,842; cow elk, 16,775; buck pronghorn, 781; doe pronghorn, 669; bull moose, 67; bison, 84; desert bighorn sheep, 40; Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, 38; and mountain goat, 108.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15