The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a video, an infographic and a detailed text description of its approach to building temples on the Mormon Newsroom website Wednesday.
The downloadable infographic provides an overview of the five stages: funding, site selection, design, construction and completion. The YouTube video expounds on these stages with comments from Elder William R. Walker, executive director of the Temple Department, as well as construction workers and others who oversee the process.
The video, infographic and text all emphasize the unyielding attention to detail that is a part of the process, right down to the building materials and decorative motifs.
"The high building standards are in place for two main reasons," according to the MormonNewsroom.org article. "First, Latter-day Saints believe their temples are among the holiest places on earth and tributes to God; second, the church builds these temples to last hundreds of years."
The LDS Church has 142 temples in operation, with 14 under construction and 14 that have been announced but are not yet in the building stages.
Emily Eyring is the Faith and Family Web producer for DeseretNews.com.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 77
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 32
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- Hamblin & Peterson: The 16th century... 7