The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a video, an infographic and a detailed text description of its approach to building temples on the Mormon Newsroom website Wednesday.
The downloadable infographic provides an overview of the five stages: funding, site selection, design, construction and completion. The YouTube video expounds on these stages with comments from Elder William R. Walker, executive director of the Temple Department, as well as construction workers and others who oversee the process.
The video, infographic and text all emphasize the unyielding attention to detail that is a part of the process, right down to the building materials and decorative motifs.
"The high building standards are in place for two main reasons," according to the MormonNewsroom.org article. "First, Latter-day Saints believe their temples are among the holiest places on earth and tributes to God; second, the church builds these temples to last hundreds of years."
The LDS Church has 142 temples in operation, with 14 under construction and 14 that have been announced but are not yet in the building stages.
Emily Eyring is the Faith and Family Web producer for DeseretNews.com.
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- What's new: 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide'...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Getting ready to study...
- Reader voices: Choosing my reflection
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 20
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 16
- This is what going to church does to you 12
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 9
- How churches can attract younger people 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Defending the Faith: He was the son of... 4
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film,... 2