The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a video, an infographic and a detailed text description of its approach to building temples on the Mormon Newsroom website Wednesday.
The downloadable infographic provides an overview of the five stages: funding, site selection, design, construction and completion. The YouTube video expounds on these stages with comments from Elder William R. Walker, executive director of the Temple Department, as well as construction workers and others who oversee the process.
The video, infographic and text all emphasize the unyielding attention to detail that is a part of the process, right down to the building materials and decorative motifs.
"The high building standards are in place for two main reasons," according to the MormonNewsroom.org article. "First, Latter-day Saints believe their temples are among the holiest places on earth and tributes to God; second, the church builds these temples to last hundreds of years."
The LDS Church has 142 temples in operation, with 14 under construction and 14 that have been announced but are not yet in the building stages.
Emily Eyring is the Faith and Family Web producer for DeseretNews.com.
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 82
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 15
- Amish country bristles at... 9