Salt Lake City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — A 14-year-old Clearfield boy with autism went missing Wednesday evening near This Is The Place Heritage Park.
Steven Smith was last seen by his family as they were unloading their vehicle at 5:50 p.m.
He is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a grey "Star Wars" T-shirt and dark grey, shiny pants.
K-9 officers, along with motor and bicycle patrol officers, were searching alongside volunteers Wednesday evening, Salt Lake detective Greg Wilking said. Some preliminary sightings of the boy were reported near University of Utah Research Park, he said.
"We are asking people who are traveling through this area, up in the Research Park area by the university, to be aware that he is out, that he could be in traffic," Wilking said.
The detective said Steven has a "mild form" of autism, and it was unknown if he was avoiding being found.
Salt Lake police have asked anyone with information on Steven's whereabouts to call 911.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- How you can be trained to recognize signs of...
- Charges: Group of 3 held man and woman...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Utah defends busting theater for serving...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- National conservative group backs... 14