Salt Lake City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — A 14-year-old Clearfield boy with autism went missing Wednesday evening near This Is The Place Heritage Park.
Steven Smith was last seen by his family as they were unloading their vehicle at 5:50 p.m.
He is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a grey "Star Wars" T-shirt and dark grey, shiny pants.
K-9 officers, along with motor and bicycle patrol officers, were searching alongside volunteers Wednesday evening, Salt Lake detective Greg Wilking said. Some preliminary sightings of the boy were reported near University of Utah Research Park, he said.
"We are asking people who are traveling through this area, up in the Research Park area by the university, to be aware that he is out, that he could be in traffic," Wilking said.
The detective said Steven has a "mild form" of autism, and it was unknown if he was avoiding being found.
Salt Lake police have asked anyone with information on Steven's whereabouts to call 911.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12