Salt Lake City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — A 14-year-old Clearfield boy with autism went missing Wednesday evening near This Is The Place Heritage Park.
Steven Smith was last seen by his family as they were unloading their vehicle at 5:50 p.m.
He is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a grey "Star Wars" T-shirt and dark grey, shiny pants.
K-9 officers, along with motor and bicycle patrol officers, were searching alongside volunteers Wednesday evening, Salt Lake detective Greg Wilking said. Some preliminary sightings of the boy were reported near University of Utah Research Park, he said.
"We are asking people who are traveling through this area, up in the Research Park area by the university, to be aware that he is out, that he could be in traffic," Wilking said.
The detective said Steven has a "mild form" of autism, and it was unknown if he was avoiding being found.
Salt Lake police have asked anyone with information on Steven's whereabouts to call 911.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to surprise...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 38
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15