Salt Lake City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — A 14-year-old Clearfield boy with autism went missing Wednesday evening near This Is The Place Heritage Park.
Steven Smith was last seen by his family as they were unloading their vehicle at 5:50 p.m.
He is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a grey "Star Wars" T-shirt and dark grey, shiny pants.
K-9 officers, along with motor and bicycle patrol officers, were searching alongside volunteers Wednesday evening, Salt Lake detective Greg Wilking said. Some preliminary sightings of the boy were reported near University of Utah Research Park, he said.
"We are asking people who are traveling through this area, up in the Research Park area by the university, to be aware that he is out, that he could be in traffic," Wilking said.
The detective said Steven has a "mild form" of autism, and it was unknown if he was avoiding being found.
Salt Lake police have asked anyone with information on Steven's whereabouts to call 911.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative Republicans...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- How to keep a youthful appearance
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Utah's congressional delegation... 71
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63
- Romney says climate change presents a... 34
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18