Salt Lake City Police Department
SALT LAKE CITY — A 14-year-old Clearfield boy with autism went missing Wednesday evening near This Is The Place Heritage Park.
Steven Smith was last seen by his family as they were unloading their vehicle at 5:50 p.m.
He is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 120 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a grey "Star Wars" T-shirt and dark grey, shiny pants.
K-9 officers, along with motor and bicycle patrol officers, were searching alongside volunteers Wednesday evening, Salt Lake detective Greg Wilking said. Some preliminary sightings of the boy were reported near University of Utah Research Park, he said.
"We are asking people who are traveling through this area, up in the Research Park area by the university, to be aware that he is out, that he could be in traffic," Wilking said.
The detective said Steven has a "mild form" of autism, and it was unknown if he was avoiding being found.
Salt Lake police have asked anyone with information on Steven's whereabouts to call 911.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Charges: Man murdered woman who had been...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 35
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 28
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 12