Last week during a trip to Florida, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve made a surprise visit to more than 1,200 youths in Florida, according to the Mormon Newsroom.
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Fort Lauderdale will gather on May 3 to celebrate the dedication of the new Fort Lauderdale Florida Temple with a cultural celebration.
Many young men and young women have been practicing for the celebration. It was during a their rehearsal last week that Elder Holland made a visit.
After a picture of Elder Holland's visit was posted to the Mormon Newsroom Instagram account Monday, many who were at the practice commented about the event.
"We were so surprised! Such an amazing experience to be there and hear him! He's such an awesome person and I loved his humor," Katy Crayner wrote. "Thanks for posting @Mormonnewsroom!"
Others who weren't there also expressed their support and love.
"Having been a Florida missionary years ago, I love to see temples bringing heaven and earth and families together there," Peggy Sue Proctor wrote.
There will be a 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. performance of the cultural celebration on Saturday, May 3, at the Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida. The 7 p.m. performance will be broadcast in LDS Church meetinghouses throughout the state of Florida. A live stream will also be made available on LDS.org.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 26
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 18
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 8