BYU men's volleyball team will face Stanford in NCAA semifinals Thursday
The No. 2-seeded BYU men's volleyball team will square off against Stanford in the semifinals of the NCAA championships Thursday in Chicago.
The No. 3-seeded Cardinal defeated No. 6 seed Erskine in the play-in round of the NCAA championships Tuesday (25-14, 25-16, 25-15) to set up Thursday's match.
It will be the fourth time the two teams have played, with BYU winning the prior three matches, including last Saturday's straight-set win for the MPSF championship.
"It's difficult for both teams because you get to know each other pretty well," said BYU coach Chris McGown. "I think they have a good sense of who we are and how we want to go ... and we have the same sense of them."
Thursday's match will begin at 5 p.m. MDT and will be streamed live on NCAA.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19