BYU men's volleyball team will face Stanford in NCAA semifinals Thursday
The No. 2-seeded BYU men's volleyball team will square off against Stanford in the semifinals of the NCAA championships Thursday in Chicago.
The No. 3-seeded Cardinal defeated No. 6 seed Erskine in the play-in round of the NCAA championships Tuesday (25-14, 25-16, 25-15) to set up Thursday's match.
It will be the fourth time the two teams have played, with BYU winning the prior three matches, including last Saturday's straight-set win for the MPSF championship.
"It's difficult for both teams because you get to know each other pretty well," said BYU coach Chris McGown. "I think they have a good sense of who we are and how we want to go ... and we have the same sense of them."
Thursday's match will begin at 5 p.m. MDT and will be streamed live on NCAA.com.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 34
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 33
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23