BYU men's volleyball team will face Stanford in NCAA semifinals Thursday
The No. 2-seeded BYU men's volleyball team will square off against Stanford in the semifinals of the NCAA championships Thursday in Chicago.
The No. 3-seeded Cardinal defeated No. 6 seed Erskine in the play-in round of the NCAA championships Tuesday (25-14, 25-16, 25-15) to set up Thursday's match.
It will be the fourth time the two teams have played, with BYU winning the prior three matches, including last Saturday's straight-set win for the MPSF championship.
"It's difficult for both teams because you get to know each other pretty well," said BYU coach Chris McGown. "I think they have a good sense of who we are and how we want to go ... and we have the same sense of them."
Thursday's match will begin at 5 p.m. MDT and will be streamed live on NCAA.com.
- Despair and defiance as Russian athletes...
- Dustin Johnson wins US Open at Oakmont for...
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA Finals...
- The End: Cleveland rocks as title drought...
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 86
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA... 28
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22