BYU men's volleyball team will face Stanford in NCAA semifinals Thursday
The No. 2-seeded BYU men's volleyball team will square off against Stanford in the semifinals of the NCAA championships Thursday in Chicago.
The No. 3-seeded Cardinal defeated No. 6 seed Erskine in the play-in round of the NCAA championships Tuesday (25-14, 25-16, 25-15) to set up Thursday's match.
It will be the fourth time the two teams have played, with BYU winning the prior three matches, including last Saturday's straight-set win for the MPSF championship.
"It's difficult for both teams because you get to know each other pretty well," said BYU coach Chris McGown. "I think they have a good sense of who we are and how we want to go ... and we have the same sense of them."
Thursday's match will begin at 5 p.m. MDT and will be streamed live on NCAA.com.
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- Cougars say they have learned lessons in wake...
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive line...
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be Utah's...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Whittingham dishes on stadium expansion,...
- Rock On: Jazz hire a film classic (sort of)
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 76
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 64
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 41
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 31
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 29
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 18