BYU men's volleyball team will face Stanford in NCAA semifinals Thursday
The No. 2-seeded BYU men's volleyball team will square off against Stanford in the semifinals of the NCAA championships Thursday in Chicago.
The No. 3-seeded Cardinal defeated No. 6 seed Erskine in the play-in round of the NCAA championships Tuesday (25-14, 25-16, 25-15) to set up Thursday's match.
It will be the fourth time the two teams have played, with BYU winning the prior three matches, including last Saturday's straight-set win for the MPSF championship.
"It's difficult for both teams because you get to know each other pretty well," said BYU coach Chris McGown. "I think they have a good sense of who we are and how we want to go ... and we have the same sense of them."
Thursday's match will begin at 5 p.m. MDT and will be streamed live on NCAA.com.
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- How to get a ballpark-like lawn (+video)
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 120
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8