With the help of Jimmy Fallon, Robinson Cano pranks unsuspecting hecklers in New York
"Late Night" host Jimmy Fallon is known to play pranks every once in awhile on his show, and used Seattle Mariners’ Robinson Cano’s first return to New York since leaving the Yankees for his latest bit Monday night.
Fallon had Yankee fans on the streets of New York boo and heckle a giant cardboard cutout of Cano, unaware that the Mariners second baseman was standing behind the cutout the whole time.
The reactions as Cano appears from behind the cutout are priceless, with fans apologizing immediately for their boos.
“How are you doing, Robi? Welcome back to New York,” one heckler laughs, after seeing Cano. “Great to be back, right?”
Cano left New York over the offseason, signing a mammoth 10-year, $240 million deal with the Mariners. He’s currently batting .301 with one home run and 11 RBIs for Seattle in 24 games.
The Mariners will be in New York for a three-game series Tuesday through Thursday, where Cano is expected to be booed plenty more.
Fallon had some laughs at some Mets’ fans expense last year, sending out young Mets pitcher Matt Harvey to the streets to ask unsuspecting fans what they thought about Harvey. That video received more than three million hits since last July.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 56
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 45
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42