Winners of five straight, Utah Valley University baseball will host in-state rival BYU on Tuesday at 6 p.m. MT in the final non-conference home game of the season. The game can be heard live on 960 AM the Zone and streamed online on UVU's Athletic website.
The Wolverines (19-22) swept Northern Colorado in a three-game Western Athletic Conference series over the weekend and currently sit in third in the league standings at 11-7 overall. The Cougars (16-25) were off last week but won two of three from Loyola Marymount the prior weekend in West Coast Conference action.
“BYU is playing really well right now and coming off of a very good series win over LMU,” UVU head coach Eric Madsen said. “They are a well-coached club and always play very hard and know they’ll be motivated to come over here and have a good showing. We’re going to have to play good baseball to give ourselves a chance to win.”
Tuesday is the second of two games between the neighboring schools this season, with UVU winning the first game between the teams, 8-3, on April 1 at Larry H. Miller Field in Provo. In that game, Craig Brinkerhoff homered and drove in three runs while Mark Krueger had a pair of doubles and also had three RBIs for UVU. Devin Nelson, who will start Tuesday for the Wolverines, pitched 8.1 innings to pick up the win.
BYU owns a 16-8 advantage in the all-time series. The series has been even over the past seven years though with each team winning six times.
Following Tuesday’s contest, Utah Valley heads to New Mexico State for three WAC games before playing a single game on Monday, May 5, at New Mexico of the Mountain West Conference.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22