COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Police found three adults unconscious at a Cottonwood Heights apartment complex early Sunday.
About 7 a.m., police responded to reports of a disturbance at Pinnacle Highland Apartments, 7673 S. Highland Drive. When they arrived, officers noticed a man lying on the sidewalk beside a pool with several people trying to rouse him, said Cottonwood Heights police officer Brian Eschtruth.
The group fled when they saw police, leaving the 20-year-old man unconscious and not responsive.
Police also found a 23-year-old man unconscious sliding into the pool. An officer got into the pool and pulled the man out, Eschtruth said.
After following those who had fled, police also found a 19-year-old woman unconscious inside an apartment on a couch.
"We found they were on GHB, the date rape drug," Eschtruth said of the three victims. They were transported to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Police made no arrests, but issued citations to 12 individuals — some of whom were minors — who had been using drugs and alcohol throughout the night, Eschtruth said.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Saved by the belt: Family recalls crash that...
- Cars, homes, police station damaged in...
- Internet task force makes multiple arrests...
- John Williams remembered by friends as a man...
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 82
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10