COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Police found three adults unconscious at a Cottonwood Heights apartment complex early Sunday.
About 7 a.m., police responded to reports of a disturbance at Pinnacle Highland Apartments, 7673 S. Highland Drive. When they arrived, officers noticed a man lying on the sidewalk beside a pool with several people trying to rouse him, said Cottonwood Heights police officer Brian Eschtruth.
The group fled when they saw police, leaving the 20-year-old man unconscious and not responsive.
Police also found a 23-year-old man unconscious sliding into the pool. An officer got into the pool and pulled the man out, Eschtruth said.
After following those who had fled, police also found a 19-year-old woman unconscious inside an apartment on a couch.
"We found they were on GHB, the date rape drug," Eschtruth said of the three victims. They were transported to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Police made no arrests, but issued citations to 12 individuals — some of whom were minors — who had been using drugs and alcohol throughout the night, Eschtruth said.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12