COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Police found three adults unconscious at a Cottonwood Heights apartment complex early Sunday.
About 7 a.m., police responded to reports of a disturbance at Pinnacle Highland Apartments, 7673 S. Highland Drive. When they arrived, officers noticed a man lying on the sidewalk beside a pool with several people trying to rouse him, said Cottonwood Heights police officer Brian Eschtruth.
The group fled when they saw police, leaving the 20-year-old man unconscious and not responsive.
Police also found a 23-year-old man unconscious sliding into the pool. An officer got into the pool and pulled the man out, Eschtruth said.
After following those who had fled, police also found a 19-year-old woman unconscious inside an apartment on a couch.
"We found they were on GHB, the date rape drug," Eschtruth said of the three victims. They were transported to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Police made no arrests, but issued citations to 12 individuals — some of whom were minors — who had been using drugs and alcohol throughout the night, Eschtruth said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16