COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Police found three adults unconscious at a Cottonwood Heights apartment complex early Sunday.
About 7 a.m., police responded to reports of a disturbance at Pinnacle Highland Apartments, 7673 S. Highland Drive. When they arrived, officers noticed a man lying on the sidewalk beside a pool with several people trying to rouse him, said Cottonwood Heights police officer Brian Eschtruth.
The group fled when they saw police, leaving the 20-year-old man unconscious and not responsive.
Police also found a 23-year-old man unconscious sliding into the pool. An officer got into the pool and pulled the man out, Eschtruth said.
After following those who had fled, police also found a 19-year-old woman unconscious inside an apartment on a couch.
"We found they were on GHB, the date rape drug," Eschtruth said of the three victims. They were transported to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Police made no arrests, but issued citations to 12 individuals — some of whom were minors — who had been using drugs and alcohol throughout the night, Eschtruth said.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Family touched by tragedy gives back to Orem...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 69
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 36
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 20
- Salt Lake protesters take their message... 18
- Gov. Herbert tours state prison to... 16
- Herbert says new Medicaid expansion... 11