Princeton Onwas leaving Utah Utes basketball team after one season
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Princeton Onwas, who started 11 games for Utah last season, will not return to the Runnin’ Utes for his senior year.
The 6-foot-5 guard-forward from Houston averaged 4.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in 2013-14. He appeared in 31 games in his only season with the program after transferring from Navarro (Texas) College.
“We wish Princeton nothing but the best in his future endeavors,” Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement.
No additional details for his departure were given. On his Twitter account, Onwas tweeted: “You live and you learn. New beginning. God bless.”
The loss of Onwas leaves Utah with the NCAA-mandated 13 scholarship players for next season. The 2014-15 roster includes: Dallin Bachynski, Marko Kovacevic, Jordan Loveridge, Kenneth Ogbe, Jeremy Olsen, Brandon Taylor, Dakarai Tucker and Delon Wright, as well as newcomers Brekkot Chapman, Kyle Kuzma, Jakob Poeltl, Chris Reyes and Isaiah Wright.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 22
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21