Princeton Onwas leaving Utah Utes basketball team after one season
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Princeton Onwas, who started 11 games for Utah last season, will not return to the Runnin’ Utes for his senior year.
The 6-foot-5 guard-forward from Houston averaged 4.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in 2013-14. He appeared in 31 games in his only season with the program after transferring from Navarro (Texas) College.
“We wish Princeton nothing but the best in his future endeavors,” Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement.
No additional details for his departure were given. On his Twitter account, Onwas tweeted: “You live and you learn. New beginning. God bless.”
The loss of Onwas leaves Utah with the NCAA-mandated 13 scholarship players for next season. The 2014-15 roster includes: Dallin Bachynski, Marko Kovacevic, Jordan Loveridge, Kenneth Ogbe, Jeremy Olsen, Brandon Taylor, Dakarai Tucker and Delon Wright, as well as newcomers Brekkot Chapman, Kyle Kuzma, Jakob Poeltl, Chris Reyes and Isaiah Wright.
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 65
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 48
- Annual instate college basketball... 37