Princeton Onwas leaving Utah Utes basketball team after one season
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Princeton Onwas, who started 11 games for Utah last season, will not return to the Runnin’ Utes for his senior year.
The 6-foot-5 guard-forward from Houston averaged 4.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in 2013-14. He appeared in 31 games in his only season with the program after transferring from Navarro (Texas) College.
“We wish Princeton nothing but the best in his future endeavors,” Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement.
No additional details for his departure were given. On his Twitter account, Onwas tweeted: “You live and you learn. New beginning. God bless.”
The loss of Onwas leaves Utah with the NCAA-mandated 13 scholarship players for next season. The 2014-15 roster includes: Dallin Bachynski, Marko Kovacevic, Jordan Loveridge, Kenneth Ogbe, Jeremy Olsen, Brandon Taylor, Dakarai Tucker and Delon Wright, as well as newcomers Brekkot Chapman, Kyle Kuzma, Jakob Poeltl, Chris Reyes and Isaiah Wright.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 19
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7