Princeton Onwas leaving Utah Utes basketball team after one season
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Princeton Onwas, who started 11 games for Utah last season, will not return to the Runnin’ Utes for his senior year.
The 6-foot-5 guard-forward from Houston averaged 4.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in 2013-14. He appeared in 31 games in his only season with the program after transferring from Navarro (Texas) College.
“We wish Princeton nothing but the best in his future endeavors,” Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement.
No additional details for his departure were given. On his Twitter account, Onwas tweeted: “You live and you learn. New beginning. God bless.”
The loss of Onwas leaves Utah with the NCAA-mandated 13 scholarship players for next season. The 2014-15 roster includes: Dallin Bachynski, Marko Kovacevic, Jordan Loveridge, Kenneth Ogbe, Jeremy Olsen, Brandon Taylor, Dakarai Tucker and Delon Wright, as well as newcomers Brekkot Chapman, Kyle Kuzma, Jakob Poeltl, Chris Reyes and Isaiah Wright.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 30
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27