Princeton Onwas leaving Utah Utes basketball team after one season
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Princeton Onwas, who started 11 games for Utah last season, will not return to the Runnin’ Utes for his senior year.
The 6-foot-5 guard-forward from Houston averaged 4.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in 2013-14. He appeared in 31 games in his only season with the program after transferring from Navarro (Texas) College.
“We wish Princeton nothing but the best in his future endeavors,” Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said in a released statement.
No additional details for his departure were given. On his Twitter account, Onwas tweeted: “You live and you learn. New beginning. God bless.”
The loss of Onwas leaves Utah with the NCAA-mandated 13 scholarship players for next season. The 2014-15 roster includes: Dallin Bachynski, Marko Kovacevic, Jordan Loveridge, Kenneth Ogbe, Jeremy Olsen, Brandon Taylor, Dakarai Tucker and Delon Wright, as well as newcomers Brekkot Chapman, Kyle Kuzma, Jakob Poeltl, Chris Reyes and Isaiah Wright.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 46
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39