SOUTH JORDAN — The body of a deceased man was recovered from the Jordan River on Sunday after being spotted by dog walkers.
Officers were notified about 8:15 a.m. by passers-by on the Jordan River Parkway Trail who noticed a foul smell and saw what appeared to be a body floating in the river near 10000 South, said South Jordan Police Sgt. Sam Winkler.
Police and fire personnel responded to the scene and recovered the body, which was transferred to the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office to determine identity and cause of death.
Walker said it is not yet known how long the body was in the water.
The Jordan River Parkway was closed between 9800 South and 10600 South while the investigation continued.
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Doug Robinson: Utah's Glen Hanson has had an...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Minor earthquake shakes southern Utah town
- Man saves 8-year-old sister-in-law from...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 64
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12