SOUTH JORDAN — The body of a deceased man was recovered from the Jordan River on Sunday after being spotted by dog walkers.
Officers were notified about 8:15 a.m. by passers-by on the Jordan River Parkway Trail who noticed a foul smell and saw what appeared to be a body floating in the river near 10000 South, said South Jordan Police Sgt. Sam Winkler.
Police and fire personnel responded to the scene and recovered the body, which was transferred to the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office to determine identity and cause of death.
Walker said it is not yet known how long the body was in the water.
The Jordan River Parkway was closed between 9800 South and 10600 South while the investigation continued.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15