SOUTH JORDAN — The body of a deceased man was recovered from the Jordan River on Sunday after being spotted by dog walkers.
Officers were notified about 8:15 a.m. by passers-by on the Jordan River Parkway Trail who noticed a foul smell and saw what appeared to be a body floating in the river near 10000 South, said South Jordan Police Sgt. Sam Winkler.
Police and fire personnel responded to the scene and recovered the body, which was transferred to the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office to determine identity and cause of death.
Walker said it is not yet known how long the body was in the water.
The Jordan River Parkway was closed between 9800 South and 10600 South while the investigation continued.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12