SOUTH JORDAN — The body of a deceased man was recovered from the Jordan River on Sunday after being spotted by dog walkers.
Officers were notified about 8:15 a.m. by passers-by on the Jordan River Parkway Trail who noticed a foul smell and saw what appeared to be a body floating in the river near 10000 South, said South Jordan Police Sgt. Sam Winkler.
Police and fire personnel responded to the scene and recovered the body, which was transferred to the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office to determine identity and cause of death.
Walker said it is not yet known how long the body was in the water.
The Jordan River Parkway was closed between 9800 South and 10600 South while the investigation continued.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15