Perhaps the reason most college grads are having such a hard time finding employment after graduation is a lack of work history in general.
College in no way would hinder a person’s chance for a job unless the student was not employed while attending school. As a college student myself, I am employed in a decent paying management position as well as attending school full time. I can only see my graduation from college as an additional aid to my work history and resume.
Students should make an effort to begin work experience simultaneously paired with higher education so that when they graduate they have more than a piece of paper stating they achieved their diploma.
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26