Perhaps the reason most college grads are having such a hard time finding employment after graduation is a lack of work history in general.
College in no way would hinder a person’s chance for a job unless the student was not employed while attending school. As a college student myself, I am employed in a decent paying management position as well as attending school full time. I can only see my graduation from college as an additional aid to my work history and resume.
Students should make an effort to begin work experience simultaneously paired with higher education so that when they graduate they have more than a piece of paper stating they achieved their diploma.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- Drew Clark: Ebola, cybersecurity and...
- Letter: Who can we trust?
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 33
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 29
- Letter: Distance from religion 24
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 14
- Prisons bring much positive change 13