Your news article of April 25 titled, "Prominent gay marriage advocates call for freedom to dissent" was the most heartening piece I've read in a long time. Kudos to these wise folks who recognize the irony of persecuting those with views that differ from theirs and that most of those who oppose gay marriage are not motivated by blind prejudice but by deeply held religious views.
As they rightly said, "The consequence of true liberty is diversity."
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Midterm elections put a divided America on...
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25