Your news article of April 25 titled, "Prominent gay marriage advocates call for freedom to dissent" was the most heartening piece I've read in a long time. Kudos to these wise folks who recognize the irony of persecuting those with views that differ from theirs and that most of those who oppose gay marriage are not motivated by blind prejudice but by deeply held religious views.
As they rightly said, "The consequence of true liberty is diversity."
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 38
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 28
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23