Your news article of April 25 titled, "Prominent gay marriage advocates call for freedom to dissent" was the most heartening piece I've read in a long time. Kudos to these wise folks who recognize the irony of persecuting those with views that differ from theirs and that most of those who oppose gay marriage are not motivated by blind prejudice but by deeply held religious views.
As they rightly said, "The consequence of true liberty is diversity."
- Letter: America needs change
- In our opinion: Legislative subsidy for USU...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious...
- George Chapman: A 24-hour city deserves a...
- Richard Davis: Demos shouldn't decide too...
- Letter: Move out of last place
- In our opinion: Senate Democrats' filibuster...
- Letter: SNAP for children
- In our opinion: Anti-Semitism at home... 68
- Letter: America needs change 59
- In our opinion: Senate Democrats'... 47
- Letter: Policy comparisons 46
- John Hoffmire: Is the goal equality? 44
- Richard Davis: Demos shouldn't decide... 32
- Letter: Move out of last place 31
- Heeding history is the only way to end... 24