John Locher, Associated Press
CNN reported that the Democratic Party has a short list of cities it is considering for its 2016 national convention. Salt Lake City is one of them. There are some hurdles to cross before this can happen, however. For one thing, Utah would have to officially recognize the party.
After an initial splash at the box office, the much-hyped “Noah” movie seems to have drowned in a flood of indifference. Ironically, it’s not even clear whether the movie will last in theaters for 40 days and 40 nights.
Strip away all the arguments about Biblical accuracy and “Noah” is just another film with animated rocks.
Southern Nevada’s Cliven Bundy had something going there for a while with his “take back the land” crusade against the BLM — until everyone realized he wanted to take it back to before the Civil War.
Bundy said black people were better off picking cotton as slaves than they are today. Now we have a new Olympic event — the political sprint away from Bundy. The current record holder appears to be Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, followed closely by Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.
Everyone thought Cliven Bundy was from Bunkerville, Nev. Turns out he’s really from Archie Bunker-ville.
Last week a teenager flew from San Jose to Hawaii in the wheel well of an airliner. Not only was he arrested for this, the airline is refusing to let him count the trip as frequent flyer miles.
Experts say it is a miracle the 16-year-old stowaway survived the thin atmosphere at 38,000 feet and temperatures that would have been about 80 degrees below zero. They think his body may have gone into a state of suspended animation. That’s good news for him, but bad news for the rest of us as airlines begin to consider new ways to offer discounted fares.
You think flying is rough today. Wait until you long to be “upgraded” to the baggage compartment.
Jeffrey Wade Chapman is about to go on trial in Kansas on charges he killed another man. But first, he has petitioned the court to allow him to remove a tattoo from his throat. The tattoo says, “Murder.” What an embarrassing coincidence.
Here’s some advice. If you have “Murder” tattooed on your throat, you might want to think about committing a different sort of crime.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 56
- Letter: Growing party divide 50
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 38
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26