WEST CANYON, Utah County — A man was found dead Thursday evening from an apparent ATV accident in a remote part of Utah County.
The Utah County Sheriff's Office received a call just before 7 p.m. from a man who came upon the scene of an ATV accident near where he lives. The accident had likely occurred within hours of the discovery, according to Utah County Sheriff Sgt. Spencer Cannon.
The body was found in an area of West Canyon near the borders of Utah, Salt Lake and Tooele counties where access is limited to property owners and designated personnel. The nature of the man's access was unclear, Cannon said.
Authorities were in the process of notifying next of kin before releasing the man's name.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15