WEST CANYON, Utah County — A man was found dead Thursday evening from an apparent ATV accident in a remote part of Utah County.
The Utah County Sheriff's Office received a call just before 7 p.m. from a man who came upon the scene of an ATV accident near where he lives. The accident had likely occurred within hours of the discovery, according to Utah County Sheriff Sgt. Spencer Cannon.
The body was found in an area of West Canyon near the borders of Utah, Salt Lake and Tooele counties where access is limited to property owners and designated personnel. The nature of the man's access was unclear, Cannon said.
Authorities were in the process of notifying next of kin before releasing the man's name.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- About Utah: How this Utahn turned a chance...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 65
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18