WEST CANYON, Utah County — A man was found dead Thursday evening from an apparent ATV accident in a remote part of Utah County.
The Utah County Sheriff's Office received a call just before 7 p.m. from a man who came upon the scene of an ATV accident near where he lives. The accident had likely occurred within hours of the discovery, according to Utah County Sheriff Sgt. Spencer Cannon.
The body was found in an area of West Canyon near the borders of Utah, Salt Lake and Tooele counties where access is limited to property owners and designated personnel. The nature of the man's access was unclear, Cannon said.
Authorities were in the process of notifying next of kin before releasing the man's name.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11