WEST CANYON, Utah County — A man was found dead Thursday evening from an apparent ATV accident in a remote part of Utah County.
The Utah County Sheriff's Office received a call just before 7 p.m. from a man who came upon the scene of an ATV accident near where he lives. The accident had likely occurred within hours of the discovery, according to Utah County Sheriff Sgt. Spencer Cannon.
The body was found in an area of West Canyon near the borders of Utah, Salt Lake and Tooele counties where access is limited to property owners and designated personnel. The nature of the man's access was unclear, Cannon said.
Authorities were in the process of notifying next of kin before releasing the man's name.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19