Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are the quarterbacks going to go?
Nam Y. Huh, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Soon, the speculating of who's going where and the breakdown of players' strengths, weaknesses and combine numbers will be over when the NFL Draft commences on Thursday.
Until then, though, there will be plenty of prognosticating about how the draft will shake out.
In honor of when the NFL traditionally holds its draft, the Deseret News sports staff broke down how it thinks the first round will play out in late April. Here's a look at what the staff had to say then, and it still applies now.
Will BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy come off the board on Day 1? Could former Timpview lineman Xavier Su'a-Filo find himself taken in the first round?
This year, unlike last year with BYU's Ezekiel Ansah and Utah's Star Lotulelei, there are no surefire first-round prospects from Utah, adding intrigue for the Beehive State.
The NFL's eight divisions were divided up with each writer taking a division. We drafted over the course of two days using email. Here's how it went down and why. Did we make the right picks? Let us know in the comments section.
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Brad Rock: Utes have Duked it out with big...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21