Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are the quarterbacks going to go?
Nam Y. Huh, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Soon, the speculating of who's going where and the breakdown of players' strengths, weaknesses and combine numbers will be over when the NFL Draft commences on Thursday.
Until then, though, there will be plenty of prognosticating about how the draft will shake out.
In honor of when the NFL traditionally holds its draft, the Deseret News sports staff broke down how it thinks the first round will play out in late April. Here's a look at what the staff had to say then, and it still applies now.
Will BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy come off the board on Day 1? Could former Timpview lineman Xavier Su'a-Filo find himself taken in the first round?
This year, unlike last year with BYU's Ezekiel Ansah and Utah's Star Lotulelei, there are no surefire first-round prospects from Utah, adding intrigue for the Beehive State.
The NFL's eight divisions were divided up with each writer taking a division. We drafted over the course of two days using email. Here's how it went down and why. Did we make the right picks? Let us know in the comments section.
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 67
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37