Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are the quarterbacks going to go?
Nam Y. Huh, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Soon, the speculating of who's going where and the breakdown of players' strengths, weaknesses and combine numbers will be over when the NFL Draft commences on Thursday.
Until then, though, there will be plenty of prognosticating about how the draft will shake out.
In honor of when the NFL traditionally holds its draft, the Deseret News sports staff broke down how it thinks the first round will play out in late April. Here's a look at what the staff had to say then, and it still applies now.
Will BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy come off the board on Day 1? Could former Timpview lineman Xavier Su'a-Filo find himself taken in the first round?
This year, unlike last year with BYU's Ezekiel Ansah and Utah's Star Lotulelei, there are no surefire first-round prospects from Utah, adding intrigue for the Beehive State.
The NFL's eight divisions were divided up with each writer taking a division. We drafted over the course of two days using email. Here's how it went down and why. Did we make the right picks? Let us know in the comments section.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 111
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 72
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 51
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45