I'm writing in response to the article "Salt Lake ranked No. 1" (March 18). It makes me glad that the capital's airport is ranked No. 1 in the nation. There is only thing in the article that I questioned. The superintendent of airport operations, Dave Korzep, stated rather matter-of-factly, "We get that all the time. We're No. 1."
It sounds like he's bragging right here, which could make other people think that the airport has taken on a haughty attitude. I personally don't want Salt Lake City to have that kind of reputation. I prefer the emphasis on Barbara Gann's statement that they are glad, but there is always room for improvement.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29