Neon Trees' new album 'Pop Psychology' features a rock band playing pop
Andrew Zaeh, © 2014 Andrew Zaeh
The Utah-based band Neon Trees has continued to find success.
Not only did the group's first album, "Habits," produce a hit single that reached No. 13 on Billboard's Hot 100, but its second album, "Picture Show," saw the single "Everybody Talks" reach No. 6 on Billboard's rankings.
The band's latest album, "Pop Psychology," which was released Tuesday, April 22, is something that drummer Elaine Bradley says she's most proud of.
"I think this album is my favorite so far, and I hope it goes like that for every album," Bradley told the Deseret News. "But I think it’s the most 'Neon Trees' album we’ve ever been able to put together. It’s the truest parts of us that we embrace. We love pop music but we also love rock music and so it’s like we're this rock band is playing pop songs. And we’ve always been that, but I think we’ve been able to really find that balance on this album."
Bradley reflected on the band's beginning in Provo, and was excited about the growth that has taken place the past few years.
"I think we’ve all gotten more comfortable with our roles," Bradley said. "I think it’s definitely one of those records where you can see that we’ve grown and are constantly evolving as a band, which is what we always want to be doing."
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Motherhood Matters: Lessons from PB&J
- Amy Iverson: How social media can hurt, help...
- Why ‘Rogue One’ will be more than...
- The Clean Cut: ‘Daddy Doin’...
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- UTubers: 2 Utah couples create Pokémon...
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has cancer...
- The Clean Cut: Lindsey Stirling performs on...
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5
- Chris Hicks: Movies to watch over the... 3
- Motherhood Matters: Lessons from PB&J 1
- Why ‘Rogue One’ will be... 1
- UTubers: 2 Utah couples create... 1
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has... 1
- Life lessons keep coming from Star Trek... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what... 1