Neon Trees' new album 'Pop Psychology' features a rock band playing pop
Andrew Zaeh, © 2014 Andrew Zaeh
The Utah-based band Neon Trees has continued to find success.
Not only did the group's first album, "Habits," produce a hit single that reached No. 13 on Billboard's Hot 100, but its second album, "Picture Show," saw the single "Everybody Talks" reach No. 6 on Billboard's rankings.
The band's latest album, "Pop Psychology," which was released Tuesday, April 22, is something that drummer Elaine Bradley says she's most proud of.
"I think this album is my favorite so far, and I hope it goes like that for every album," Bradley told the Deseret News. "But I think it’s the most 'Neon Trees' album we’ve ever been able to put together. It’s the truest parts of us that we embrace. We love pop music but we also love rock music and so it’s like we're this rock band is playing pop songs. And we’ve always been that, but I think we’ve been able to really find that balance on this album."
Bradley reflected on the band's beginning in Provo, and was excited about the growth that has taken place the past few years.
"I think we’ve all gotten more comfortable with our roles," Bradley said. "I think it’s definitely one of those records where you can see that we’ve grown and are constantly evolving as a band, which is what we always want to be doing."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Best and worst states to have a baby
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- 'Maze Runner,' based on Utah author's novel,...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- The Clean Cut: New 'Simba cam' takes over...
- Why do we love bad movies?
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 9
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4
- These are the new life milestones for... 4
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 4
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me 4
- Why a parent going to prison can be... 4