"It felt so much more personal when it was my beliefs and something that was so important to me," she said. "But there was just as much positive response as there was the negative. It's been amazing to me the people I have been able to connect with, people from all over the world."
Recently, Normons has featured a series highlighting the conversion stories of Latter-day Saints around the world. Groesbeck has received several emails from these members of the church who are eager to share their experiences.
But it's not only members of the LDS Church who follow the blog. Groesbeck, who used to serve as a ward missionary, explained how this type of online proselytizing has the ability to reach people who may not otherwise want to learn about the church.
"As far as the people I work with, they aren't going to let the missionaries into their house — they might now, because of me, and give them a lemonade, that's what they say — but they will read what I write on my blog," Groesbeck said. "It's been really cool. We've had a few people who are on the fence or investigating the church who saw the site, read it, were like, 'OK, I can be a part of this,' and they've been baptized and that's amazing."
It was never Groesbeck's intention to create a blog that would result in conversion stories, and sharing her faith didn't always come easy. Initially, Groesbeck admitted to wondering if she could do it.
"I thought, 'Who am I to start a blog and make myself some authority on church matters? I'm no church scholar. I just have a testimony and I like to write,' " Groesbeck said.
But after the growth of online proselytizing was discussed during the historic missionary broadcast last summer, Groesbeck found the courage to share her testimony.
"We're young. We're 25 years old. I don't presume to have any more experience than I do, but we don't need to."
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: Sarah_DNews
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares details...
- Who decides if a law restricts a religious...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- LDS missionaries cover David Archuleta's...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 137
- Who decides if a law restricts a... 17
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the... 13
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares... 9
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Who are ‘the least of... 5
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4