Davion Berry puts on show at Portsmouth Invitational, averages double figures at tournament in front of NBA scouts
Lenny Ignelzi, AP
Weber State standout Davion Berry put on quite the show at the Portsmouth Invitational over the weekend.
Berry averaged 14 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists and shot 51 percent from the field in three games at the invitational. He was one of 64 seniors invited to the tournament.
It was the 62nd year the Portsmouth Invitational has been held. The event is held to let senior collegiate players have a chance to play in front of NBA scouts.
Although Marquette’s Davante Gardner won tournament MVP at the three-day event, Berry made quite an impression on those watching the invitational:
...& Weber State's Davion Berry may have played themselves into 2014 NBA Draft selections in front of scouts at the Portsmouth Invitational.— Matt Trabold (@TrabsMatt) April 21, 2014
@Mike_Schmitz Eh. Of the all tournament team, that Davion Berry is a real sleeper (#18). Also have Jake Odum (#33), Davante Gardner (#56).— masseffectlenk (@masseffectlenk) April 21, 2014
Love Davion Berry's game....solid in a lot of areas and fundamentally sound....runs floor, great with shot fakes, and runs the floor.— Jordan Tyler (@JTMBasketball) April 18, 2014
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48