Davion Berry puts on show at Portsmouth Invitational, averages double figures at tournament in front of NBA scouts
Lenny Ignelzi, AP
Weber State standout Davion Berry put on quite the show at the Portsmouth Invitational over the weekend.
Berry averaged 14 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists and shot 51 percent from the field in three games at the invitational. He was one of 64 seniors invited to the tournament.
It was the 62nd year the Portsmouth Invitational has been held. The event is held to let senior collegiate players have a chance to play in front of NBA scouts.
Although Marquette’s Davante Gardner won tournament MVP at the three-day event, Berry made quite an impression on those watching the invitational:
...& Weber State's Davion Berry may have played themselves into 2014 NBA Draft selections in front of scouts at the Portsmouth Invitational.— Matt Trabold (@TrabsMatt) April 21, 2014
@Mike_Schmitz Eh. Of the all tournament team, that Davion Berry is a real sleeper (#18). Also have Jake Odum (#33), Davante Gardner (#56).— masseffectlenk (@masseffectlenk) April 21, 2014
Love Davion Berry's game....solid in a lot of areas and fundamentally sound....runs floor, great with shot fakes, and runs the floor.— Jordan Tyler (@JTMBasketball) April 18, 2014
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34