The West Coast Conference announced that two BYU men’s tennis players received All-Conference honors, as voted on by league coaches.
Junior Francis Sargeant was named All-WCC Second Team Singles as he led the Cougars from the No. 1 slot. The team captain is 28-11 overall and 17-6 in dual match play. In addition to being named WCC Player of the Week on March 4, he worked his way into the top 10 all-time at BYU in singles victories with 80 and winning percentage with .702.
Sophomore Andrey Goryachkov was also named All-WCC Honorable Mention Singles. The No. 2 singles player stepped up, posting a 11-8 dual record and 20-13 overall mark.
In 2013, Sargeant and Goryachkov played mostly at No. 3 and No. 5 singles, respectively.
The Cougars face Pacific on Wednesday at 9 a.m. PDT at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego. The match can be followed on the BYU Athletics website.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at email@example.com
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 27
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26