The West Coast Conference announced that two BYU men’s tennis players received All-Conference honors, as voted on by league coaches.
Junior Francis Sargeant was named All-WCC Second Team Singles as he led the Cougars from the No. 1 slot. The team captain is 28-11 overall and 17-6 in dual match play. In addition to being named WCC Player of the Week on March 4, he worked his way into the top 10 all-time at BYU in singles victories with 80 and winning percentage with .702.
Sophomore Andrey Goryachkov was also named All-WCC Honorable Mention Singles. The No. 2 singles player stepped up, posting a 11-8 dual record and 20-13 overall mark.
In 2013, Sargeant and Goryachkov played mostly at No. 3 and No. 5 singles, respectively.
The Cougars face Pacific on Wednesday at 9 a.m. PDT at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego. The match can be followed on the BYU Athletics website.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- BYU softball: seven Cougars named to WCC...
- BYU soccer: Gomes named to MAC Hermann Trophy...
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons
- Kyle Collinsworth signs two-year deal with...
- Morning links: Motekiai Langi's path to BYU;...
- College football countdown No. 42: BYU...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 86
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31