Provided by Garth Smith
"SACRED HYMNS," by Garth Smith, $11.99
"Sacred Hymns" is a collection of piano songs that are arranged and performed by Garth Smith. It is a moving CD that can inspire and comfort.
There are 10 songs on the track. They range from songs about missionary work to songs about Jesus Christ. The CD not only should appeal to those who are musically inclined but be a favorite for those of all ages and abilities.
One of the most powerful songs on the CD is called "Missionary Medley." This song is a compilation of popular Latter-day Saint melodies like "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" and "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission."
Another likable song on the CD is "How Great Thou Art." Smith intertwined Bach's Prelude and Fugue in C major into the song, and the result is a wonderful rendition.
Smith certainly has an ear for music, and that is demonstrated by each of the songs on his CD. Smith takes hymns that are sung every Sunday and puts a new twist on them while still keeping the reverence and meaning of the song. His talent echoes that of The Piano Guys.
While "Sacred Hymns" is a great CD for Sundays, it is also great background music for any activity that needs to be done throughout the week.
Smith was born in Brigham City and currently resides in Oceanside, Calif.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Be thankful — there's a theology of...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 98
- At the Vatican, President Eyring says... 89
- America needs heroes, Mitt Romney tells... 55
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 34
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 33
- Former presidential candidate Mitt... 32
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22