Provided by Garth Smith
"SACRED HYMNS," by Garth Smith, $11.99
"Sacred Hymns" is a collection of piano songs that are arranged and performed by Garth Smith. It is a moving CD that can inspire and comfort.
There are 10 songs on the track. They range from songs about missionary work to songs about Jesus Christ. The CD not only should appeal to those who are musically inclined but be a favorite for those of all ages and abilities.
One of the most powerful songs on the CD is called "Missionary Medley." This song is a compilation of popular Latter-day Saint melodies like "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" and "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission."
Another likable song on the CD is "How Great Thou Art." Smith intertwined Bach's Prelude and Fugue in C major into the song, and the result is a wonderful rendition.
Smith certainly has an ear for music, and that is demonstrated by each of the songs on his CD. Smith takes hymns that are sung every Sunday and puts a new twist on them while still keeping the reverence and meaning of the song. His talent echoes that of The Piano Guys.
While "Sacred Hymns" is a great CD for Sundays, it is also great background music for any activity that needs to be done throughout the week.
Smith was born in Brigham City and currently resides in Oceanside, Calif.
Shelby Scoffield has a bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University and a master's in rhetoric and composition from Stanislaus State University. She is currently working on her teaching credentials so she can teach high school English.
- LDS Church leaders release letter about...
- First Presidency sends letter with counsel...
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Nate Sharp: 'Miraculous events' led to...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Tabernacle Choir performs in the rain near...
- 3 religions, 3 approaches to forgiveness in...
- Memorable sermons from LDS leaders in fewer...
- What the LDS Church said about the... 178
- When Satan steals your motherhood 70
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Where were the Twelve Apostles when... 34
- First Presidency sends letter with... 9
- Washington Cathedral dean on... 8