Utah Grizzlies: Playoff series continues Tuesday in Bakersfield
The Utah Grizzlies continue their playoff series at Bakersfield on Tuesday at 8 p.m.
Through two games, each team has scored two goals apiece and has pulled off a one-goal win. All four goals in the series have been scored five-on-five.
With two of the top four goaltenders in the ECHL from the regular season, Aaron Dell and Laurent Brossoit have been equally good in the first two games. Dell has stopped 48 of 50 shots, while Brossoit has stopped 54 of 56 Utah shots.
The fourth and fifth penalty-killing units in the regular season have also continued to be impressive with Utah going 11-11 and Bakersfield going 4-4.
Bakersfield has drawn 11 of the 15 power-plays in this series compared to the regular season when the Grizzlies drew 334 power-plays to the oppositions 321. Utah drew 28 of the 53 power-plays awarded in the season series this year between the two teams.
Including this matchup, four of the eight first round series in the ECHL are currently tied at one.
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18