Utah Grizzlies: Playoff series continues Tuesday in Bakersfield
The Utah Grizzlies continue their playoff series at Bakersfield on Tuesday at 8 p.m.
Through two games, each team has scored two goals apiece and has pulled off a one-goal win. All four goals in the series have been scored five-on-five.
With two of the top four goaltenders in the ECHL from the regular season, Aaron Dell and Laurent Brossoit have been equally good in the first two games. Dell has stopped 48 of 50 shots, while Brossoit has stopped 54 of 56 Utah shots.
The fourth and fifth penalty-killing units in the regular season have also continued to be impressive with Utah going 11-11 and Bakersfield going 4-4.
Bakersfield has drawn 11 of the 15 power-plays in this series compared to the regular season when the Grizzlies drew 334 power-plays to the oppositions 321. Utah drew 28 of the 53 power-plays awarded in the season series this year between the two teams.
Including this matchup, four of the eight first round series in the ECHL are currently tied at one.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13