Twitter shows mixed reactions as Jazz let Tyrone Corbin go
David Zalubowski, AP
If Twitter is any indication, fans have mixed reactions as the Utah Jazz decided not to extend head coach Tyrone Corbin's contract on Monday.
Some seem to be almost gleeful about Utah's decision to let Corbin go. Others aren't so sure that Corbin was the primary person at fault. These fans point to the Jazz let Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap go before the beginning of this season.
Everyone can agree that Utah's 25-57 season was a dismal one, and that this team needed to make some changes to get back into playoff contention. However, it doesn't seem like fans have yet come to a consensus that letting Corbin go was the right decision.
We'll see how public opinion changes as Utah's search for a new head coach begins.
Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19