Twitter shows mixed reactions as Jazz let Tyrone Corbin go
David Zalubowski, AP
If Twitter is any indication, fans have mixed reactions as the Utah Jazz decided not to extend head coach Tyrone Corbin's contract on Monday.
Some seem to be almost gleeful about Utah's decision to let Corbin go. Others aren't so sure that Corbin was the primary person at fault. These fans point to the Jazz let Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap go before the beginning of this season.
Everyone can agree that Utah's 25-57 season was a dismal one, and that this team needed to make some changes to get back into playoff contention. However, it doesn't seem like fans have yet come to a consensus that letting Corbin go was the right decision.
We'll see how public opinion changes as Utah's search for a new head coach begins.
Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37