Twitter shows mixed reactions as Jazz let Tyrone Corbin go
David Zalubowski, AP
If Twitter is any indication, fans have mixed reactions as the Utah Jazz decided not to extend head coach Tyrone Corbin's contract on Monday.
Some seem to be almost gleeful about Utah's decision to let Corbin go. Others aren't so sure that Corbin was the primary person at fault. These fans point to the Jazz let Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap go before the beginning of this season.
Everyone can agree that Utah's 25-57 season was a dismal one, and that this team needed to make some changes to get back into playoff contention. However, it doesn't seem like fans have yet come to a consensus that letting Corbin go was the right decision.
We'll see how public opinion changes as Utah's search for a new head coach begins.
Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26