Twitter shows mixed reactions as Jazz let Tyrone Corbin go
David Zalubowski, AP
If Twitter is any indication, fans have mixed reactions as the Utah Jazz decided not to extend head coach Tyrone Corbin's contract on Monday.
Some seem to be almost gleeful about Utah's decision to let Corbin go. Others aren't so sure that Corbin was the primary person at fault. These fans point to the Jazz let Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap go before the beginning of this season.
Everyone can agree that Utah's 25-57 season was a dismal one, and that this team needed to make some changes to get back into playoff contention. However, it doesn't seem like fans have yet come to a consensus that letting Corbin go was the right decision.
We'll see how public opinion changes as Utah's search for a new head coach begins.
Lafe Peavler is a staff sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48