I am so excited for the Boston Marathon on Monday. I am so proud of the people of that great city, their strength and their resolve to stay strong and to go forward in spite of tragedy.
I can predict that one thing those many, many people will have in common on Monday morning will be profiling. I know many will be looking at every person with a suspicious look on his or her face — everyone will just have a twinge of fear. My hope for that great city is that everyone that goes to watch the finish line will have the sensitivity to not intentionally offend and cause more fear.
North Salt Lake
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 26
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: More whites should practice... 20
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16