I am so excited for the Boston Marathon on Monday. I am so proud of the people of that great city, their strength and their resolve to stay strong and to go forward in spite of tragedy.
I can predict that one thing those many, many people will have in common on Monday morning will be profiling. I know many will be looking at every person with a suspicious look on his or her face — everyone will just have a twinge of fear. My hope for that great city is that everyone that goes to watch the finish line will have the sensitivity to not intentionally offend and cause more fear.
North Salt Lake
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35