I am so excited for the Boston Marathon on Monday. I am so proud of the people of that great city, their strength and their resolve to stay strong and to go forward in spite of tragedy.
I can predict that one thing those many, many people will have in common on Monday morning will be profiling. I know many will be looking at every person with a suspicious look on his or her face — everyone will just have a twinge of fear. My hope for that great city is that everyone that goes to watch the finish line will have the sensitivity to not intentionally offend and cause more fear.
North Salt Lake
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25