Utah Valley University dropped into 12th place after posting a team score of 306 during the second round at the El Macero Classic. Freshman JT Timmons led the Wolverines on the day, shooting an even-par 72.
Timmons entered the day tied for 60th after an opening-round 80, but he moved up 25 spots into a tie for 35th on the individual leaderboard with Saturday's 72. Junior Michael Dart continues to lead the Wolverines at 5-over for the tournament and will enter Sunday's final round in a tie for 21st after carding a 75 on Saturday.
Preston Richards improved four shots from Friday's first round, shooting a 77 to move into a tie for 60th individually. Brayden Eriksen is tied for 63rd after carding a season-high 83, while Corey Eccles dropped three spots into a tie for 67th after an 83 of his own — his second in as many rounds.
On the team leaderboard Utah Valley traded places with Boise State, which moved into 11th place after a second-round 303. The Wolverines (618) will head into the final round three shots behind the Broncos (615) and seven shots back of WAC rival Seattle U (611), currently in 10th.
Co-host UC Davis recorded the low round of the tournament for the second consecutive day, taking the lead by 18 strokes over Cal State Fullerton after a 279 on Saturday. The Aggies (562) are -14 for the tournament while the second-place Titans (580) are +4.
WAC member Grand Canyon (584) remained in the top five, taking hold of fourth place. The Antelopes trail Sacramento State (583) by a single stroke on the team leaderboard and are only four shots back of Cal State Fullerton. Idaho is tied with Marquette for eighth place at 603 (+27) for the tournament.
The third and final round of the El Macero Classic gets underway Sunday morning. Live scoring is available through Golfstat.
Kellen Hiser is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- UVU graduates charged with cultivating 'love...
- UVU golf: Utah Valley set for WAC...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines open weekend with...
- UVU softball: late surge leads UVU to Friday...
- UVU softball: Wolverines drop WAC finale,...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines erase early deficit...
- UVU golf: Wright takes first round lead at...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines complete sweep of CSUB
- UVU graduates charged with cultivating... 1
- UVU golf: Nyhus selected as WAC... 0
- UVU golf: Utah Valley set for WAC... 0
- UVU baseball: Wolverines open weekend... 0
- UVU softball: late surge leads UVU to... 0
- UVU softball: Wolverines drop WAC... 0
- UVU baseball: Wolverines erase early... 0
- UVU golf: Wright takes first round lead... 0