Ute football alumni return for Utah's spring game (+video)
More than 50 former Utah football players from throughout the decades returned to Salt Lake City to attend the Utes' annual spring footbal game.
"It's awesome," said Stevenson Sylvester, a former Ute linebacker and current NFL free agent. "There's nothing like the Red and White game. We love it. I wish I was here during the (NFL) season, so maybe when I return from the league, I'll be able to go to more games during the season. But this is awesome. I love the fans."
Many of the Ute alums played in the team's alumni game before Utah's scrimmage began, including former NFL quarterback Scott Mitchell.
Other alumni stood around on the sidelines mingling with old coaches, former teammates and current Ute players as the alumni game was going on. Alums like Trevor Reilly, who is gearing up for the upcoming NFL draft, even judged a tailgate food cookoff.
"It's actually more fun (as an alumnus)," Reilly said. "Before, I had to get dressed up and had to stand back on the sideline. Now I just can go out and mingle ... just fun to be out here with some old friends."
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28