Ute football alumni return for Utah's spring game (+video)
More than 50 former Utah football players from throughout the decades returned to Salt Lake City to attend the Utes' annual spring footbal game.
"It's awesome," said Stevenson Sylvester, a former Ute linebacker and current NFL free agent. "There's nothing like the Red and White game. We love it. I wish I was here during the (NFL) season, so maybe when I return from the league, I'll be able to go to more games during the season. But this is awesome. I love the fans."
Many of the Ute alums played in the team's alumni game before Utah's scrimmage began, including former NFL quarterback Scott Mitchell.
Other alumni stood around on the sidelines mingling with old coaches, former teammates and current Ute players as the alumni game was going on. Alums like Trevor Reilly, who is gearing up for the upcoming NFL draft, even judged a tailgate food cookoff.
"It's actually more fun (as an alumnus)," Reilly said. "Before, I had to get dressed up and had to stand back on the sideline. Now I just can go out and mingle ... just fun to be out here with some old friends."
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37