Ute football alumni return for Utah's spring game (+video)
More than 50 former Utah football players from throughout the decades returned to Salt Lake City to attend the Utes' annual spring footbal game.
"It's awesome," said Stevenson Sylvester, a former Ute linebacker and current NFL free agent. "There's nothing like the Red and White game. We love it. I wish I was here during the (NFL) season, so maybe when I return from the league, I'll be able to go to more games during the season. But this is awesome. I love the fans."
Many of the Ute alums played in the team's alumni game before Utah's scrimmage began, including former NFL quarterback Scott Mitchell.
Other alumni stood around on the sidelines mingling with old coaches, former teammates and current Ute players as the alumni game was going on. Alums like Trevor Reilly, who is gearing up for the upcoming NFL draft, even judged a tailgate food cookoff.
"It's actually more fun (as an alumnus)," Reilly said. "Before, I had to get dressed up and had to stand back on the sideline. Now I just can go out and mingle ... just fun to be out here with some old friends."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 29
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 22
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22