Ute football alumni return for Utah's spring game (+video)
More than 50 former Utah football players from throughout the decades returned to Salt Lake City to attend the Utes' annual spring footbal game.
"It's awesome," said Stevenson Sylvester, a former Ute linebacker and current NFL free agent. "There's nothing like the Red and White game. We love it. I wish I was here during the (NFL) season, so maybe when I return from the league, I'll be able to go to more games during the season. But this is awesome. I love the fans."
Many of the Ute alums played in the team's alumni game before Utah's scrimmage began, including former NFL quarterback Scott Mitchell.
Other alumni stood around on the sidelines mingling with old coaches, former teammates and current Ute players as the alumni game was going on. Alums like Trevor Reilly, who is gearing up for the upcoming NFL draft, even judged a tailgate food cookoff.
"It's actually more fun (as an alumnus)," Reilly said. "Before, I had to get dressed up and had to stand back on the sideline. Now I just can go out and mingle ... just fun to be out here with some old friends."
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 42
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 8
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7