Westminster lacrosse: Griffins advance to title game with upset over Colorado
The fourth-seeded Westminster College women’s lacrosse team earned a trip to the Rocky Mountain Women’s Lacrosse League championship game with a 17-10 upset over top-seeded Colorado on Friday night in the semifinals of the tournament.
No. 16 Westminster improves to 8-6 overall this season, and it snapped a two-game losing streak with the win. The Griffins avenged a 15-8 loss at Colorado last week on the road and picked up a third win over a top-10 ranked team this season with the upset of No. 10 Colorado.
The Griffins play 12th-ranked and No. 2 seed Colorado State on Saturday for the RMWLL championship. The winner receives the league’s automatic invite into the WCLA National Championships next month in Virginia Beach, Va. The game begins at noon at the McCarthey Family Track and Field on the University of Utah campus.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27