Westminster lacrosse: Griffins advance to title game with upset over Colorado
The fourth-seeded Westminster College women’s lacrosse team earned a trip to the Rocky Mountain Women’s Lacrosse League championship game with a 17-10 upset over top-seeded Colorado on Friday night in the semifinals of the tournament.
No. 16 Westminster improves to 8-6 overall this season, and it snapped a two-game losing streak with the win. The Griffins avenged a 15-8 loss at Colorado last week on the road and picked up a third win over a top-10 ranked team this season with the upset of No. 10 Colorado.
The Griffins play 12th-ranked and No. 2 seed Colorado State on Saturday for the RMWLL championship. The winner receives the league’s automatic invite into the WCLA National Championships next month in Virginia Beach, Va. The game begins at noon at the McCarthey Family Track and Field on the University of Utah campus.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 21
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21