Westminster lacrosse: Griffins advance to title game with upset over Colorado
The fourth-seeded Westminster College women’s lacrosse team earned a trip to the Rocky Mountain Women’s Lacrosse League championship game with a 17-10 upset over top-seeded Colorado on Friday night in the semifinals of the tournament.
No. 16 Westminster improves to 8-6 overall this season, and it snapped a two-game losing streak with the win. The Griffins avenged a 15-8 loss at Colorado last week on the road and picked up a third win over a top-10 ranked team this season with the upset of No. 10 Colorado.
The Griffins play 12th-ranked and No. 2 seed Colorado State on Saturday for the RMWLL championship. The winner receives the league’s automatic invite into the WCLA National Championships next month in Virginia Beach, Va. The game begins at noon at the McCarthey Family Track and Field on the University of Utah campus.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28