Westminster lacrosse: Griffins advance to title game with upset over Colorado
The fourth-seeded Westminster College women’s lacrosse team earned a trip to the Rocky Mountain Women’s Lacrosse League championship game with a 17-10 upset over top-seeded Colorado on Friday night in the semifinals of the tournament.
No. 16 Westminster improves to 8-6 overall this season, and it snapped a two-game losing streak with the win. The Griffins avenged a 15-8 loss at Colorado last week on the road and picked up a third win over a top-10 ranked team this season with the upset of No. 10 Colorado.
The Griffins play 12th-ranked and No. 2 seed Colorado State on Saturday for the RMWLL championship. The winner receives the league’s automatic invite into the WCLA National Championships next month in Virginia Beach, Va. The game begins at noon at the McCarthey Family Track and Field on the University of Utah campus.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25