Westminster lacrosse: Griffins open trip by defeating Boise State, 19-11
The No. 11 Westminster College men’s lacrosse team snapped a mini two-game losing skid with a 19-11 win over Boise State on Friday evening.
Westminster improves to 9-5 overall this season with one game remaining in the regular season. The loss drops Boise State to 3-8 on the year.
Josh Holland scored two goals in the first quarter and led the Griffins to a 4-2 lead after the first 15 minutes. After Boise State got within 5-3 early in the second quarter, Westminster answered with three straight goals to build a five goal lead before taking an 11-6 advantage into intermission.
Kyle Postler scored the Griffins only goal of the third period, and they held a 12-8 lead entering the final quarter. They tallied the first six goals of the fourth, including two by Collin Madsen, en route to a 7-3 quarter and the win.
Westminster completes the regular season on Saturday when it faces Washington at 2 p.m. MDT in Boise, Idaho.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34