Westminster lacrosse: Griffins open trip by defeating Boise State, 19-11
The No. 11 Westminster College men’s lacrosse team snapped a mini two-game losing skid with a 19-11 win over Boise State on Friday evening.
Westminster improves to 9-5 overall this season with one game remaining in the regular season. The loss drops Boise State to 3-8 on the year.
Josh Holland scored two goals in the first quarter and led the Griffins to a 4-2 lead after the first 15 minutes. After Boise State got within 5-3 early in the second quarter, Westminster answered with three straight goals to build a five goal lead before taking an 11-6 advantage into intermission.
Kyle Postler scored the Griffins only goal of the third period, and they held a 12-8 lead entering the final quarter. They tallied the first six goals of the fourth, including two by Collin Madsen, en route to a 7-3 quarter and the win.
Westminster completes the regular season on Saturday when it faces Washington at 2 p.m. MDT in Boise, Idaho.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19