A Nevada rancher illegally grazes cattle on federal land for twenty years. When the BLM finally decides to take action, the far-right revolts, calling it government tyranny. Sean Hannity goes on the air and tells us the land is worthless, so why should anyone care? When an impoverished immigrant crossed the border in hopes of finding a job, the far right cries foul again. The rallying cry: “Why don't we enforce our immigration laws?”
Amnesty for cattle ranchers who violated the law for twenty years and owes the government a million dollars, yes. Never for illegal immigrants. Got it.
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- In our opinion: Accountability, expectations...
- Letter: My sons
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: Moral decline 88
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 68
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 57
- In our opinion: Some universities... 46
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25