Utah Jazz: Trey Burke named Western Conference rookie of the month
Ann Heisenfelt, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — Trey Burke began his rookie season on the sideline with a broken finger. He ended it with a career-high scoring effort and hauling in another award from the NBA.
Burke, two days after his 32-point, nine-assist, seven-rebound outing in a 136-130 double-OT win at Minnesota, was named the Western Conference rookie of the month for April. He also earned that honor in December and January, becoming the first Jazzman to win it in multiple months.
The 6-foot-1 point guard scored an average of 15.6 points and topped all NBA rookies in assists with nine a game in seven contests.
Burke finished his rookie season averaging 12.8 points, 5.7 assists and 3.0 boards. He also won the Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend and is expected to finish high in Rookie of the Year voting.
Karl Malone (December 1985) is the only other Jazz player to be named rookie of the month.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33