Utah Jazz: Trey Burke named Western Conference rookie of the month
Ann Heisenfelt, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — Trey Burke began his rookie season on the sideline with a broken finger. He ended it with a career-high scoring effort and hauling in another award from the NBA.
Burke, two days after his 32-point, nine-assist, seven-rebound outing in a 136-130 double-OT win at Minnesota, was named the Western Conference rookie of the month for April. He also earned that honor in December and January, becoming the first Jazzman to win it in multiple months.
The 6-foot-1 point guard scored an average of 15.6 points and topped all NBA rookies in assists with nine a game in seven contests.
Burke finished his rookie season averaging 12.8 points, 5.7 assists and 3.0 boards. He also won the Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend and is expected to finish high in Rookie of the Year voting.
Karl Malone (December 1985) is the only other Jazz player to be named rookie of the month.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 109
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 26
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20