Utah Jazz: Trey Burke named Western Conference rookie of the month
Ann Heisenfelt, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — Trey Burke began his rookie season on the sideline with a broken finger. He ended it with a career-high scoring effort and hauling in another award from the NBA.
Burke, two days after his 32-point, nine-assist, seven-rebound outing in a 136-130 double-OT win at Minnesota, was named the Western Conference rookie of the month for April. He also earned that honor in December and January, becoming the first Jazzman to win it in multiple months.
The 6-foot-1 point guard scored an average of 15.6 points and topped all NBA rookies in assists with nine a game in seven contests.
Burke finished his rookie season averaging 12.8 points, 5.7 assists and 3.0 boards. He also won the Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend and is expected to finish high in Rookie of the Year voting.
Karl Malone (December 1985) is the only other Jazz player to be named rookie of the month.
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Brad Rock: Utes have Duked it out with big...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21