WELLSVILLE, Cache County — A two-year-old boy was in critical condition after an accidental shooting Friday evening in Wellsville.
Police and medical crews responded at 6:40 p.m. and found the boy had a single gunshot wound in the abdomen from a .22 caliber rifle. Initial evidence suggests the boy was shot by his three-year-old sister, according to Cache County Sheriff Deputy Brad Slater.
The child was taken to a local hospital by ambulance in critical condition and was undergoing surgery, according to Cache County Sheriff Lt. Mike Peterson.
Family members, including the child's parents, were at the residence at the time of the incident.
The investigation was ongoing, police said. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- 8 Utahns given Bronze Minuteman Awards
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25