WELLSVILLE, Cache County — A two-year-old boy was in critical condition after an accidental shooting Friday evening in Wellsville.
Police and medical crews responded at 6:40 p.m. and found the boy had a single gunshot wound in the abdomen from a .22 caliber rifle. Initial evidence suggests the boy was shot by his three-year-old sister, according to Cache County Sheriff Deputy Brad Slater.
The child was taken to a local hospital by ambulance in critical condition and was undergoing surgery, according to Cache County Sheriff Lt. Mike Peterson.
Family members, including the child's parents, were at the residence at the time of the incident.
The investigation was ongoing, police said. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9