Students test interactive experiences ahead of the Museum of Natural Curiosity's opening
Carson Norton, 10, stood in the wind tunnel with his hair flying. "It's just hitting on you!" he said. "I'd like to have one of these in my house. This is the best thing. I can't wait for the water to start." Water Works is on schedule to be ready by the museum's opening date of May 15.
From the main hub, an adventurer can choose from a variety of options: Kidopolis, the Rainforest, Water Works, the Discover Garden Archimedes playground or the traveling exhibits on science, art and human perception that will be provided by San Francisco's Exploratorium.
Guests can bring items to trade in the trading post and could come away with something impressive.
Visitors are invited to bring keys and their stories to add to the Keytree sculpture, which, over time, will feature hundreds of different keys from all kinds of places.
The museum, located in the Barbara Barrington Jones Family Foundation building just north of the golf course, is expected to draw an additional 300,000 visitors annually to the area.
If you go ...
What: Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point
Where: 3003 N. Thanksgiving Way, Lehi
When: Opens May 15, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday
How much: $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and children ages 3-12, discounted season passes available
Information: 801-768-2300 or thanksgivingpoint.org
Sharon Haddock is a professional writer with more than 35 years' experience, 17 at the Deseret News. Her personal blog is at sharonhaddock.blogspot.com.
- 'The time is right' for a digital conversion,...
- Group outlines long-term plan to bolster...
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in key...
- Low SAGE scores 'not a surprise' in first...
- Alta View Elementary School to be rebuilt
- Red balloons symbolize students' promise not...
- Utah Education Association names top educators
- Program to protect kids from pornography...
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 53
- Low SAGE scores 'not a surprise' in... 19
- 'The time is right' for a digital... 12
- Group outlines long-term plan to... 9
- Time Magazine creates controversy over... 8
- Program to protect kids from... 5
- Over-testing pushback gets attention of... 4
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for... 4