Tortellinis, olives make an unusual combination in appetizer
Appetizers are a real treat, and yet we usually only have them at special occasions or when we go out to eat.
At our home, often the appetizer of choice comes out of a bag or box and is some unnatural shade of orange, which is why I love these fresh and flavorful Pasta and Olive Appetizers. They are made with real ingredients that come together in a wonderful mixture of flavors.
I make them ahead and then let them marinate and soak up that zesty flavor. The cheese-filled tortellini’s make this dish hearty, and the olives and marinade add a kick. They are so good; you may not even need to make dinner.
Belle’s Pasta and Olive Appetizers
2 cups frozen, cheese-filled tortellinis
1 1/2 cups jumbo pimento-stuffed green olives (drained)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seed
Cook pasta in salted boiling water for about three minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl.
In another bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, sugar and poppy seed. Pour over the pasta. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Drain olives. Drain pasta. Place a tortellini and an olive on a toothpick. Chill until ready to serve.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of July...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- Wildfire temporarily closes I-15 near Scipio
- When Satan steals your motherhood 88
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 19
- After court ruling, Obama says more to... 11
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- 'It's San Diego vs. everyone else' in... 5