Jesus Christ was the promised Redeemer of the world, the Savior of mankind, the Son of the living God. He was with His Father before He came to earth in mortality, the Creator of the earth upon which we stand.
In His mortal ministry He walked the dusty roads of Palestine, healed the sick, raised the dead, taught His gospel, gave His life on Calvary’s hill, and rose on the third day, a perfected, resurrected being, breaking the bands of death for us all, thus becoming “the firstfruits of them that slept.”
The Savior paid the price for all of our sins. The prophet Isaiah saw the gift beyond the price of the Atonement of Jesus Christ:
“Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” (Isaiah 53:4-5).
We testify that Jesus Christ was resurrected and that He lives today as our Savior and Redeemer.
The First Presidency
President Thomas S. Monson
President Henry B. Eyring
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- President Uchtdorf: 'Live the gospel joyful'
- Elder Holland shares keys to happiness during...
- Sister Burton: 'Prepare for the temple'
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Sister Neill F. Marriott: 'Sharing your light'
- Talks at general conference to be given in...
- Apostles visit Europe Area
- Sister Jean A. Stevens: 'Covenant daughters...