USU football: Six more Aggies games to be televised nationally
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LOGAN — The Utah State athletics department announced Thursday that six additional USU football games will be nationally televised this season. Now, nine of the Aggies’ 13 regular-season games will be aired on national television.
Of those nine, six will be on the ESPN networks, two more will be on CBS Sports Network and USU’s season opener at Tennessee on Aug. 31 will be broadcast on the SEC Network.
Only the Aggies’ home opener against Idaho State, a Sept. 20 showdown at Arkansas State and their in-state showdown with BYU on Oct. 3 are currently not slated for national television.
USU finished last season 9-5, including a Poinsettia Bowl win to end the season. The Aggies also extended the contract of head coach Matt Wells through the 2018 season last week.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25