USU football: Six more Aggies games to be televised nationally
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LOGAN — The Utah State athletics department announced Thursday that six additional USU football games will be nationally televised this season. Now, nine of the Aggies’ 13 regular-season games will be aired on national television.
Of those nine, six will be on the ESPN networks, two more will be on CBS Sports Network and USU’s season opener at Tennessee on Aug. 31 will be broadcast on the SEC Network.
Only the Aggies’ home opener against Idaho State, a Sept. 20 showdown at Arkansas State and their in-state showdown with BYU on Oct. 3 are currently not slated for national television.
USU finished last season 9-5, including a Poinsettia Bowl win to end the season. The Aggies also extended the contract of head coach Matt Wells through the 2018 season last week.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37