Allstate to open service center in Draper, bringing 100+ jobs
Tony Dejak, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — One of the nation’s largest insurance companies is expanding its presence in Utah.
Allstate Insurance Co., based in Northbrook, Ill., will open a new service center in Draper. The South Valley facility — the second of its kind in the nation — is scheduled to open by the end of May. The other Allstate service center is located in Hudson, Ohio.
“These centers directly serve our Allstate agency owners and their staff,” said spokeswoman Chelci Vaughan. “They're designed to help the local agencies quickly and effectively serve customers.”
Initially, the company will fill 35 open positions with plans to hire up to 100 more employees in the next year.
“Opening this office will expand Allstate’s service capabilities for our 9,400 agencies and help us better protect our customers,” said Bill Ballinger, Allstate senior vice president of Agency Contact Center Operations.
Of the 35 open positions, 30 will be customer service representatives, while the remaining five openings will be leaders or administrative support staff. Starting pay for the new facility will begin at $12.50 per hour.
Ballinger said employees from other local offices will eventually move into the new service center, which will house more than 300 employees by the end of next year.
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs and...
- There's more to why Americans don't save than...
- The battle over coal struggles to find a...
- Utah Food Bank security breach exposes 10,000...
- How Medicare is trying to start a healthier...
- Startup hopes to help children with autism in...
- Magazine honors fastest-growing Utah companies
- Handlers learn the finer points of sheepdog...
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs... 28
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic... 12
- There's more to why Americans don't... 9
- Elected officials, business leaders... 8
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- The battle over coal struggles to find... 4
- How Medicare is trying to start a... 2
- Applications for US jobless aid drop to... 1