Allstate to open service center in Draper, bringing 100+ jobs
Tony Dejak, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — One of the nation’s largest insurance companies is expanding its presence in Utah.
Allstate Insurance Co., based in Northbrook, Ill., will open a new service center in Draper. The South Valley facility — the second of its kind in the nation — is scheduled to open by the end of May. The other Allstate service center is located in Hudson, Ohio.
“These centers directly serve our Allstate agency owners and their staff,” said spokeswoman Chelci Vaughan. “They're designed to help the local agencies quickly and effectively serve customers.”
Initially, the company will fill 35 open positions with plans to hire up to 100 more employees in the next year.
“Opening this office will expand Allstate’s service capabilities for our 9,400 agencies and help us better protect our customers,” said Bill Ballinger, Allstate senior vice president of Agency Contact Center Operations.
Of the 35 open positions, 30 will be customer service representatives, while the remaining five openings will be leaders or administrative support staff. Starting pay for the new facility will begin at $12.50 per hour.
Ballinger said employees from other local offices will eventually move into the new service center, which will house more than 300 employees by the end of next year.
- What people never mention when they talk...
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- N. Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- AP PHOTOS: A look at 2014 in the business world
- Utah economy still adding jobs, report says
- Obama renews tax breaks, creates ABLE accounts
- Longtime Va. spice firm, other companies turn...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- What people never mention when they... 2
- US current account deficit rises to... 1