Allstate to open service center in Draper, bringing 100+ jobs
Tony Dejak, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — One of the nation’s largest insurance companies is expanding its presence in Utah.
Allstate Insurance Co., based in Northbrook, Ill., will open a new service center in Draper. The South Valley facility — the second of its kind in the nation — is scheduled to open by the end of May. The other Allstate service center is located in Hudson, Ohio.
“These centers directly serve our Allstate agency owners and their staff,” said spokeswoman Chelci Vaughan. “They're designed to help the local agencies quickly and effectively serve customers.”
Initially, the company will fill 35 open positions with plans to hire up to 100 more employees in the next year.
“Opening this office will expand Allstate’s service capabilities for our 9,400 agencies and help us better protect our customers,” said Bill Ballinger, Allstate senior vice president of Agency Contact Center Operations.
Of the 35 open positions, 30 will be customer service representatives, while the remaining five openings will be leaders or administrative support staff. Starting pay for the new facility will begin at $12.50 per hour.
Ballinger said employees from other local offices will eventually move into the new service center, which will house more than 300 employees by the end of next year.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage gap is...
- Dave Ramsey says: You can have a wedding...
- From world-class soldier to world-class...
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- David Sturt and Todd Nordstrom: Don't forget...
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and Giving...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 34
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- Clinton proposes $275 billion in new... 8
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 7
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore,... 5
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and... 4
- Utahns urged to shift spending during... 4
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding... 2