Jabari to the Jazz? Fans react to Parker's announcement to enter NBA draft
Gerry Broome, AP
Now that Jabari Parker has declared his intent to enter the 2014 NBA draft, the speculation begins: Could he end up with the Utah Jazz?
The 6-foot-8 Duke forward announced his decision via a first-person account with Sports Illustrated Thursday morning, joining other freshmen like Kansas' Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, Indiana's Noah Vonleh and Arizona's Aaron Gordon in jumping to the pros this year after one college season.
Fans turned to social media to share their thoughts on the 19-year-old Parker, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, making the decision to join the NBA. The Jazz finished their season Wednesday night, ending the year tied with the Boston Celtics for the fourth-worst record in the league, meaning Utah could have a shot at selecting Parker in the June 26 draft.
Here's a look at some of the fan reactions to the news:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16