BYU golf: White finishes second, Cougars in third at WCC Championship
Freshman Alexandra White's second-place finish led the BYU women's golf team to a third-place finish at the West Coast Conference Championship on Wednesday.
Lea Garner and White were named on the 2014 All-WCC Women's Golf Team.
BYU remained in third after all three rounds and finished the tournament at 49-over-par. Pepperdine finished on top at 13-over-par with Gonzaga trailing for second place at 30-over-par.
White tied in second with Pepperdine's Liv Cheng and Marissa Chow at 3-over-par, and Gonzaga's Alice Kim finished in first place carding an even par 216 after 54 holes. White added three more birdies in the final round to add to her total of eight birdies for the tournament.
Trailing by one stroke, Garner tied in fifth place at 4-over-par and a team low third-round score of 71 in the final round. Garner also added three birdies on Wednesday to add to her total of five birdies and placed second in par scoring with 41.
Annie Yang trailed Fotu by a single stroke to finish in 24th place at 28-over-par and a pair of birdies on the day.
The Cougars look to build upon this season’s experience next year as they await their fourth season in the West Coast Conference.
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Memphis looking to make most of bowl...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record... 19
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off... 18
- Miracle Bowl, 34 years later: I don't... 17
- Stewart has brought back an identity... 16