His self-taught ambidexterity has helped distinguish Prior from other artists and he has been able to use that talent on some high-profile platforms. One of Prior’s first major projects as an artist was working on artwork for the popular 1980s board game “Dungeons and Dragons.”
“To be a part of that is great because it’s something that will live on long after I’m gone,” he said. “Any time that I can do something for fans that makes people go, ‘Cool!’, that’s really what I think it’s all about. For me, at least, I like seeing when people really like something and really get into it. If I can be a part of that in any way, shape or form, that’s cool. I like it.”
Among his many projects, Prior has also done notable work for “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” Heavy Metal Magazine and a comics series called “Spawn: The Impaler.” He also occasionally enjoys painting on stage in collaboration with one of his good friends, rapper Tech N9ne.
Prior said he loves going to conventions because it gives him an opportunity to meet his fans, introduce his art to new people and mingle with other artists.
“I love hearing everybody's stories and I like having artists come up to me and ask me for advice or for help or just meeting fans who have collected my work through everything,” he said. “It’s a give and take because, as much as I want to help the fans or talk to the fans or just be there for them, they do the same for me. I leave a show with a crazy elation.”
This weekend marks Prior’s first visit to Utah. “I hear it’s absolutely beautiful and so far all of the people I have dealt with have been just amazing and cool. I’ve really just had a great time dealing with everybody,” he said. “I’m looking forward to meeting the people, the fans and just having a good time.”
Prior also added that he is looking forward to his stay in Salt Lake City for a chance to meet one particular actor who he recently finished painting. That actor is FanX guest Karl Urban, who portrays Leonard “Bones” McCoy in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek reboot.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: atownmania
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- TLC cancels its 'Honey Boo Boo' series
- Marvel superheroes power up 'Disney Infinity...
- Classic films to help make your Halloween...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Old-fashioned soda shops making... 3
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1