Deseret News archives
Legendary musician Paul McCartney will be returning to the Beehive State on Aug. 7.
The former Beatles and Wings member will play EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City this fall, marking the second time McCartney has played a concert in Utah. In 2010, McCartney performed at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. That performance marked his 200th with his current band, according to a news release.
A review of the 2010 show in the Deseret News said that McCartney "stormed the Rio Tinto Stadium stage and cranked out a set that not only spanned his 45-year music career but also included songs that formed the soundtrack to the lives of his fans in the sold-out venue."
McCartney's "Out There" tour spent much of 2013 touring internationally, featuring shows in locations such as Rome, Moscow and England. Upcoming U.S. concerts in 2014 include performances in Louisiana, Ky.; Albany, N.Y.; and Pittsburgh, with Utah being the most recently announced destination.
Tickets for the Salt Lake City concert are set to go on sale April 25 at 10 a.m. and may be purchased online at smithstix.com or by phone at 801-355-SEAT.
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling posts video of...
- Behind the rapid shift in public opinion on...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- BYU's Vocal Point hopes to 'uplift and...
- The Clean Cut: Provo group releases...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 73
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 42
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 25
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: The... 6
- A look at same-sex marriage reaction... 5
- Obama lauds high court decision on gay... 5
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5
- Doug's Take: 'Inside Out' is creative,... 1