Deseret News archives
Legendary musician Paul McCartney will be returning to the Beehive State on Aug. 7.
The former Beatles and Wings member will play EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City this fall, marking the second time McCartney has played a concert in Utah. In 2010, McCartney performed at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. That performance marked his 200th with his current band, according to a news release.
A review of the 2010 show in the Deseret News said that McCartney "stormed the Rio Tinto Stadium stage and cranked out a set that not only spanned his 45-year music career but also included songs that formed the soundtrack to the lives of his fans in the sold-out venue."
McCartney's "Out There" tour spent much of 2013 touring internationally, featuring shows in locations such as Rome, Moscow and England. Upcoming U.S. concerts in 2014 include performances in Louisiana, Ky.; Albany, N.Y.; and Pittsburgh, with Utah being the most recently announced destination.
Tickets for the Salt Lake City concert are set to go on sale April 25 at 10 a.m. and may be purchased online at smithstix.com or by phone at 801-355-SEAT.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Where are all the good Fourth of July movies?
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of July...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 88
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 21
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3