Deseret News archives
Legendary musician Paul McCartney will be returning to the Beehive State on Aug. 7.
The former Beatles and Wings member will play EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City this fall, marking the second time McCartney has played a concert in Utah. In 2010, McCartney performed at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. That performance marked his 200th with his current band, according to a news release.
A review of the 2010 show in the Deseret News said that McCartney "stormed the Rio Tinto Stadium stage and cranked out a set that not only spanned his 45-year music career but also included songs that formed the soundtrack to the lives of his fans in the sold-out venue."
McCartney's "Out There" tour spent much of 2013 touring internationally, featuring shows in locations such as Rome, Moscow and England. Upcoming U.S. concerts in 2014 include performances in Louisiana, Ky.; Albany, N.Y.; and Pittsburgh, with Utah being the most recently announced destination.
Tickets for the Salt Lake City concert are set to go on sale April 25 at 10 a.m. and may be purchased online at smithstix.com or by phone at 801-355-SEAT.
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a surprisingly...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- Great-grandfather receives honorary diploma,...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may...
- 21 things to look forward to at Disneyland's...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 168
- Erin Stewart: Why do men want 'strong'... 14
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may... 9
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror... 6
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a... 5
- Family stress and poverty affect... 5
- 100 deadly days of summer: What you... 4