John Roman, Getty Images/iStockphoto
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man fired a gun during an argument in the parking lot of an apartment complex Wednesday, and the bullet struck a teenage boy who was inside his home.
The 17-year-old was shot in the foot while inside his apartment, West Valley police said.
A man pulled into the parking lot of an apartment building at 4535 Dean Drive and began arguing with people gathered outside. The man then fired a gun from his vehicle at least two times before leaving, said West Valley police spokeswoman Roxeanne Vainuku.
Police were called at 11:50 a.m. and discovered that both rounds went through the wall of the building and into the kitchen area of one of the apartments. The boy, who was in the kitchen and not involved in the argument, was struck once in the ankle, Vainuku said.
The boy was treated at a hospital for injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening, Vainuku said.
Officers were interviewing witnesses to find out more about the incident. Police did not know who the man is or what his relationship is with the people outside. Vainuku said he was the only occupant of the vehicle.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Car hydroplanes, pushes stranded vehicle on...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 72
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 54
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 38
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 17
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in... 12