John Roman, Getty Images/iStockphoto
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man fired a gun during an argument in the parking lot of an apartment complex Wednesday, and the bullet struck a teenage boy who was inside his home.
The 17-year-old was shot in the foot while inside his apartment, West Valley police said.
A man pulled into the parking lot of an apartment building at 4535 Dean Drive and began arguing with people gathered outside. The man then fired a gun from his vehicle at least two times before leaving, said West Valley police spokeswoman Roxeanne Vainuku.
Police were called at 11:50 a.m. and discovered that both rounds went through the wall of the building and into the kitchen area of one of the apartments. The boy, who was in the kitchen and not involved in the argument, was struck once in the ankle, Vainuku said.
The boy was treated at a hospital for injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening, Vainuku said.
Officers were interviewing witnesses to find out more about the incident. Police did not know who the man is or what his relationship is with the people outside. Vainuku said he was the only occupant of the vehicle.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 20
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 16
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13